View Single Post
Old 20th December 2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
If it's official Audi recall I think it needs to be repaired by Audi or authorised repairer, signed off and recall database updated. I don't think Audi will take a risk to replace it with second hand part from another car or even model and sign it off. I also don't think that you can DIY it or get your local garage to replace it and just say it has been done.
I think the main issue for Audi drivers is how Audi themselves are dealing with this situation, in comparison to the other manufacturers who are also affected, and VW/Audi aren't exactly short of a bob or two. We spend a lot of time and money on our cars, so to be told that your car will be taken off the road is a bitter pill to swallow, hence why others are suggesting ways of dealing with it.

Take the likes of BMW who are recalling 12,000 of their cars in Australia. This is their response, and note the bit I highlighted in bold.

“BMW will arrange to tow your vehicle to repair facilities for inspection, or send a mobile technician out to your premises or vehicle’s location to inspect the vehicle,” the ACCC’s deputy chair, Delia Rickard, said on Thursday.

If your vehicle has been fitted with one of these dangerous airbags, BMW will arrange a loan or hire car or reimbursement for alternative transportation costs until airbag replacement parts are available or until other arrangements are made.

“You may also wish to discuss the vehicle being purchased back by BMW.”

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds