View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Thanks for that David, mine's surprisingly similar but just lacking in length so tight.
I even have the same cable ties in the same places, though they don't look right to me.
Strangely, the pipe coming out of the wing on mine (as in Davids's photo) is about twice as long, but appears to be of a lesser quality. David's appears to be of a semi-rigid or reinforced pipe, whereas mine appears more like a thicker vacuum pipe.

I still have had the same problems as you Andrew, as the pipes from the right angled section onward are cut to the extreme minimum, and I've had one come off.

No point in me taking a photo of the pipes and wiring, as I've had to take mine off to get at the passenger washer. Hadn't filled the water tank, and then one day driving through a long section of roadworks with muck everywhere, was using them almost continuously, and sucked it dry. Passenger washer completely gummed up with what someone referred to elsewhere as 'snot'. Took off the pipe and then spent about 15 minutes with hot soapy water and a 5ml syringe to clear it.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds