A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 23rd May 2024, 01:29 PM

Default A8 3,3 tdi d2 2002

Please anyone could help in following:
When connected VCDS then can not access Immobilizer , message that no response from controller?
Also can not perform login for shanging of Instrument Cluster ( cahnnel 50 )
Also some other functions in VCDS are not available.
So I am not sure if it needs to load new map and as well which instrument is needed for loading new map as I do have original map downloaded from Audi!!
Any help much appreciated
Regards guys
Old 23rd May 2024, 03:15 PM

I've more questions for you than answers.

1. Are you using a registered version of VCDS or a cloned version?
2. Why are you trying to access the Immobilizer module?
3. Why are you trying to access the Instrument cluster, which on the D2 is Address 17?
4. What other functions in VCDS are not available?
5. What type of 'map' are you referring to? Navigation - It's a CD in the RNS-D / Software module map - didn't think Audi would offer the facility of downloading maps from them.
6. Can you give us some history as to why you're doing this now?
7. Have you had the car for a while and it has just started having problems?
8. Have you just purchased the car and was it driving okay or did it have problems?
9. What if any symptoms are you experiencing with the car that's making you ask the above questions?
10. Are you able to do a full scan of the car with VCDS? Can you post it here? If there are errors, have you tried clearing all the errors, driving the car and then scanning it again to see what ones reappear again?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 23rd May 2024, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I've more questions for you than answers.

1. Are you using a registered version of VCDS or a cloned version?
It is surely cloned version because it is chinese!!!

2. Why are you trying to access the Immobilizer module?
Try to see key code!!
3. Why are you trying to access the Instrument cluster, which on the D2 is Address 17?
I have another one where all displays are working correct while in old one in use digital displays are some when heated then scrambled and main display when cold can not see anything.
4. What other functions in VCDS are not available?
I will make all scan with VCDS and send log
5. What type of 'map' are you referring to? Navigation - It's a CD in the RNS-D / Software module map - didn't think Audi would offer the facility of downloading maps from them.
Map for ECU
6. Can you give us some history as to why you're doing this now?

This car has been standing without moving for 6 years and I got is return instead of some money which former owner has been in debt to me.

7. Have you had the car for a while and it has just started having problems?
8. Have you just purchased the car and was it driving okay or did it have problems?
Car is driving ok but as new in audi I want know as more as possible about it.

9. What if any symptoms are you experiencing with the car that's making you ask the above questions?

10. Are you able to do a full scan of the car with VCDS? Can you post it here?
will post full scan tommorow

If there are errors, have you tried clearing all the errors, driving the car and then scanning it again to see what ones reappear again?
All errors I can clean in VCDS , no problem
Old 23rd May 2024, 08:03 PM

You have no response from immobilizer because on 2002 there is no separate immobilizer like on pre 1998 cars, it's integrated in instrument cluster. You cannot get code with VCDS, there may be some other aftermarket tools that can do it but I do not know any that will definitely do it. The best option is to desolder EEPROM chip and swap over to new cluster.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsasa View Post
[color="Red"]It is surely cloned version because it is chinese!!!
There's your problem
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 24th May 2024, 07:25 AM

Following up on the responses to 3,5 and 8:

3. I've had both issues with the displays in the instrument cluster. My first one had the pixellation problem, and its replacement suffers from heat fading it out. You also can't just put in another cluster. It's needs to be coded, and for that you need to know someone with access to ODIS with a Gecko licence.

5 & 8. You say you're new to Audi, the car has been sitting for 6 years, but is driving OK, and you want to remap it!

Would it not make more sense to get to know more about the car, iron out any issues with it, and then re-map it? I'm assuming that's your intention, as I don't see any other reason for downloading an ECU map - again, highly unlikely downloading anything direct from Audi.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds