A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th January 2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
So...I thought I'd share my Tesla recall experience today, which was a world away from what I used to get at Audi (Smith Knight Fay/Inchcape) with my Audi S8.

I got an email this morning from Tesla about a bonnet latch recall: non-urgent, not major, and my second recall in six years - the other being for the passenger airbag, which was fixed by a Tesla "mobile ranger" whilst I was charging at a Tesla supercharger and either working on my laptop, or drinking beer in the hotel bar - I can't remember which now .

Anyway, this is a summary of the steps in this process from start to end today - none of which bear any resemblance to my old "main dealer" experiences:

1) Take (about) a minute to schedule a service appointment with the App on my mobile,
2) Get confirmation on the App within seconds, and also via text/email,
3) Drive for 20 minutes to the store. On approach, Tesla "sees" my car in its "geocache" area, and sends a "thank you" to my App and also by text,
4) Get out of my car - and go into the store if I want, and help myself to the free wifi, coffee, biscuits, fruit, etc, and chat with the store staff (if I wish). No need to handover car keys, wait for anyone to come & speak to you, etc, etc, as they already have access to my car. Or head to the pub instead ,
5) Sit and do some work for 30 minutes, with my coffee & biscuits,
6) Get a confirmation text that the work has been done and my car is ready, along with a pin code to allow me to access/unlock the car,
7) Drive home with the app and car updated, and with my car fully charged again.

Simples. Never going back to Audi - or anyone else for that matter.
That wasn't too far off my experience when I went for the airbag recall with Audi recently. Main differences would be that I had to call the dealer to book in, but that didn't take long, also the tech isn't there on a D2 and I had to ask for my coffee (they offered at the start but must have forgotten). I also then received a text to say the inspection was complete and a link to a walkaround video showing what additional work might need doing.

I could have gone across the road to a cafe but decided to wait in the waiting room and do some work, nice comfy seating, TVs etc all to the side away from the rest of the busy showroom.

Afterwards they found me in the waiting room to say it was all complete and gave my my paperwork and told me where my car was parked. No other selling of anything and all rather pleasant. perhaps your Audi dealer isn't so good
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)