A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th April 2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I like these usb-nachruesten.de for simple bluetooth and hands-free addons, although last I checked they weren't shipping to the UK any more. Simple and reliable if you can get hold of one though - that's what I put in Paul's FE.

There are of course the OEM-lookalike Android units that Marcel and I have too. They have Carplay for a higher level of integration, but are obviously more complex to fit and not really plug & play.

Weird faults like that in the TCU are usually a symptom of water ingress. Alas the TCUs are becoming pretty unreliable these days and so they are quite rare and expensive. I'd swap it out for a known-good unit to see what happens before chasing wiring issues. I may have one I can lend you for diagnosis - I'll have a look.
Thanks MJ - useful info indeed.

There are a couple scrap cars in the breakers that I might go and plunder, for the acceleration units. I think the Yaw sensor getting water ingress seems to have then fried the acceleration sensor, as it didn't look water damaged

I'll go and research the usb-nachruesten website. Maybe shipping to the UK is becoming more possible now that things have settled a little.