A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 19th May 2024, 08:28 PM

Default Audi C6 RS6 Avant for sale

For sale – Audi C6 RS6 Avant in Daytona Grey - the ultimate family wagon, first registered 8/05/08. Part service history before my ownership, full history since my ownership in April 2016. Common issues with this model, coolant pipes and oil pump seal have been addressed. MOT till 23/3/25, Bose sound, front and rear heated seats, rear blinds, load cover and dog guard. New battery and all wheels just refurbished, air con ice cold ready for summer. 104167 miles which will rise slightly as still in occasional use. Private plate can be left on car or I can revert back to OE08 AOV. £15495

Hopefully pics are available here :-

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AdzY3fgPbiMAroL29

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey

Last edited by briang9; 25th May 2024 at 09:31 PM.
Old 20th May 2024, 08:06 AM

Stunning looking car, even though I'm not fussed on a black interior. More importantly, it comes with a proper mode of propulsion, and is the Avant version. GLWS.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th May 2024, 10:16 AM

Lovely car Brian, surprisingly good value to insure according to a quote I just did for myself (shame about the road tax killing this age cars though).

Any idea ifa towbar can be fitted to these?

GLWS

What's replacing it?
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 20th May 2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Lovely car Brian, surprisingly good value to insure according to a quote I just did for myself (shame about the road tax killing this age cars though).

Any idea ifa towbar can be fitted to these?

GLWS

What's replacing it?
That model of RS6 was never type approved for a tow bar, we are looking to downsize our house which will probably mean smaller drive with not enough space. I'll be selling the S8 and Maserati too, all being replaced with the recently aquired D4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s8 cam.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	30247  

Old 20th May 2024, 06:42 PM

A lot of motor for not a lot on money. GLTWS(s).

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 21st May 2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
That model of RS6 was never type approved for a tow bar, we are looking to downsize our house which will probably mean smaller drive with not enough space. I'll be selling the S8 and Maserati too, all being replaced with the recently aquired D4
Feel free to bring them here, I can look after them

I've been thinking more about those Maseratis again recently, but the stupid high road tax pre-2017 is stupid, when post 1st march 2017 they are only £190 to tax

I've said previously that we should not worry about road tax being expensive, but am changing my mind as the top rate £735 these days is just stupid for a weekend car that maybedoes 2k miles per annum, I'm not prepared to pay that for a weekend car

Old 21st May 2024, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Feel free to bring them here, I can look after them

I've been thinking more about those Maseratis again recently, but the stupid high road tax pre-2017 is stupid, when post 1st march 2017 they are only £190 to tax

I've said previously that we should not worry about road tax being expensive, but am changing my mind as the top rate £735 these days is just stupid for a weekend car that maybedoes 2k miles per annum, I'm not prepared to pay that for a weekend car
Very true: it does tend to focus the mind, when the annual tax outlay is the single biggest element of annual expenditure on these older cars, driving up the "cost per mile" to a very questionable level

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 21st May 2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Which is the main reason I sold the D3 S8. A grand just to have it 'legal' to drive on the road, without turning a wheel.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 21st May 2024, 02:45 PM

Quote:

I've been thinking more about those Maseratis again recently,
I could do you a decent deal on a Maserati/RS6 combo

Old 21st May 2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
I could do you a decent deal on a Maserati/RS6 combo
£1500 a year to sit in the garage

If it was for a daily drive/commuter, I wouldn't mind so much, would feel like getting value, but even the D2 costs now £415 tax and £250 ish insurance, so over £50 a month just to sit and do maybe 2k miles per year (less than 500 miles in past 2 years due to being off road with issues)

I also considered a BMW i8 with its £0 RFL, so did an insurance quote - more per year than my M5, just makes no sense

But, let's not have this distract from the OP, a lovely lovely car with a magnificent engine. (If only it had a way of mounting my bicycle???)