A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 13th May 2016, 11:53 PM

When I had my first C6 S6, I bought V10 AVO (AVO being my first initial and full surname, it's great having a two letter surname!) for £399 I think, it's stuck with me through all my cars since even though only one other was a V10.

Anyway good luck with the sale OP and a free bump.
Old 14th May 2016, 10:22 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
When I had my first C6 S6, I bought V10 AVO (AVO being my first initial and full surname, it's great having a two letter surname!) for £399 I think, it's stuck with me through all my cars since even though only one other was a V10.

Anyway good luck with the sale OP and a free bump.
You have a surname of 'Vo'? Wow! Definitely the shortest surname I've ever heard of.

That's pretty cool, but seeing a plate with Avo on it, I would probably have assumed you were a fan/collector of these: https://i.imgur.com/FFALep2.jpg
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 15th May 2016, 11:24 AM

Yep, just Vo. Vietnamese parents and Vo is quite a common Vietnamese surname.

I've had lots of cheap plates as a result of it. S44 BAV on a Saab convertible. T7 AVO on an Audi TT, AV03 AVO on a couple of cars and now the current one.
Old 16th May 2016, 01:46 PM

To me any plate is overpriced. Its only numbers and digits.
On national numbers m4 frk is currently at over 4k! Lol
Car and name specific so the price jumps stupidly.
Oh well its on retention for 10 yrs as they changed the system last october time ish. It can sit there and wait patiently for Frank to buy his s8 lol
Old 23rd May 2016, 02:23 PM

My D3 A8 came with GO02 CAT though it's an '05 so is an odd private plate. Am tempted to swap to my S8 TNK (Tank though my ex said Satanic!) from my old S8 now you can do it 5yrs after the tax has died...I think it's about £80 to swap
Old 23rd May 2016, 03:08 PM

in the days before private plates one of my company cars was BRA 36 C
wonder what that would be worth now
Old 23rd May 2016, 03:23 PM

I've just seen a nice silver A8 parked at my local garage with KGB 1N. Which I quite like...
Old 23rd May 2016, 06:04 PM

I was tempted to put in a bid of S8 OOO, which was up for auction last week through DVLA.

I'm not really a fan of car-based number plates, so I resisted. Glad I did... It went for £6000!

Just goes to show, there is a market for them.

2008 Audi S8
Old 23rd May 2016, 06:35 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post
I was tempted to put in a bid of S8 OOO, which was up for auction last week through DVLA.

I'm not really a fan of car-based number plates, so I resisted. Glad I did... It went for £6000!

Just goes to show, there is a market for them.
With just two extra letters (M & G), you could have this for £250:

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov....0OMG&price=250

I was quite tempted myself by that one!

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 23rd May 2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 23rd May 2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
With just two extra letters (M & G), you could have this for £250:

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov....0OMG&price=250

I was quite tempted myself by that one!
Nice one! The sort of expression you come out after having just driven an S8 for the first time. Well, that's how I felt after driving various Audis at last years meet.

Just checked the one I'd would have liked to buy, but it's gone Can't really justify it on a tight budget.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds