A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 28th March 2016, 08:39 PM

Default Goodwood 2015

First of all massive THANK YOU to Sean (Steamship) who offered me the pair of tickets he won at Annual Meet last year in Wales, only because he felt sorry for me after being refused to test drive any of the cars in Wales.
Audi UK, your cars are lovely, most of them, but your politics suck

Sean, thank you once again mate, much much appreciated.
Me and my mate we've had a great day out and nice drive there in RS4, an amazing day out.
For me mainly because of the F1 cars, as you will see in the videos.
I've missed a private jet trip to Monaco in final year of V8's because of my mates, this was my first and last opportunity to hear the beloved V8 engines after years of following the sport.
This dream came back to life at Goodwood, WHAT A SOUND !!!!!!!
Going to Silverstone this year for a whole weekend of British GP and I'm sorry to say this but I'm not looking forward to the turbo charged green eco friendly bullsh*t F1 became.

Anyway, at the same time I'd like to also apologise for the huge delay in uploading this photos and videos. Straight after this weekend I got so busy it was unreal, hence I've been off the forum for a while.

So, an absolute must to attend for every petrol head, you can't walk away from the event disappointed.
We've enjoyed every single car, beers, lovely girls at the Lamborghini 'Restaurante' , even the food, weather was just amazing with a little light rain half way which done more good than bad.

What I didn't enjoyed is the German Chief engineer of Audi LeMans Team before the start up precedure. By the way, when you finally hear the bag of nails half way through the clip banging against a metal block, thats the diesel engine in R18, nasty, didn't like it and probably most Diesel owners will hate after this comment, but I always believed that Diesel engines where designed to run agricultural eguipment on farms not to be put into cars
But please don't take this comment seriously, a bit of banter for a little giggle.
Anyway, I've been told off by the German for touching the car !!! This cars came straight from LeMans to Goodwood, filthy and beaten up. So I said to him: ''Are you having a lough mate, car is filthy, bits are broken off, there is duct tape holding some body parts, scratches all over the car and you wre worried about my finger prints??''
He didn't like it, so do I, and on that note I left and went to Porsche LeMans garage where I rubbed my forensic evidence all over the body of the winning car
What I didn't enjoyed as well was the man in charge of the Williams F1 Team. I've managed to win him over and allow me to inside the pit area to study the car a bit more close. 10-15min in he told me off for not letting other people to take the photo. I was a bit crossed with the fella and asked him: ''Are you more interested in some random people wanting just a photo, half of them probably not even knowing/remembering 5 F1 teams or a fanatic having time of his lifetime inches from the car he is just passion about''. He huffed and puffed and I walked away after another couple of minutes. I was all over the suspension, brake ducts, front wing, rear wing, whole aero package. Don't get the wrong picture, I wasnt jumping on the front wing with a self stick and williams cap, it was all done with respect on my knees on the floor.
The 3rd thing and last I didn't like was the VW's SS Crew protecting the blue prototype with a Ducati superbike engine. There was no one to talk to us so we decided to help ourselfs and open the door and looking around the car. SS crew showed up telling us off. So we've apologised and started asking questions but no constructive answers, but they said the the guy who designed the car flew from Germany to Goodwood. So we said great, will he be willing to talk to us (mainly because my mate is ex motoX rider and into superbikes) and they said let us check. He agreed to meet us in about an hour so we cam back. Funny fella. The history of the car is pretty simple from what he described. The CEO of VW asked him once if he could design for him a supercar powered by a Ducati engine hence VW owns Ducati, if he gives him 10million Euro, and he said Yes, and there the car was 10million Euro later. As it was some time ago I can't remember all the detail now, but he did came across many problems, but eventually the car you can see on the pictures came up pretty nicely and its fully driveable and it sounds ridiculously lovely. Not keen on the camera style rear view mirrors and I was taking a little pi** from the VW Polo headlight switch but other than that car was a nice piece of machine, unusual concept lets say. The carbon fibre floor was gorgeous, exterior styling not my cup of tea, guy who designed it a nice fella and really passionate about the car.

RS6 and S8 were a lovely cars to be in...since I was not allowed to test ''seat'' them at the annual meet, Prologue was just mind blowing, more on the outside for me, futuristic interior not my cup of tea but I like the concept of the dsh being a big multifunction display.
Spent some nice time with French guys who own the last ever F1 Toyota car with the actual Toyota engine from the era as many ended up with completely different engines.

Thanks to Sky Sports we were able to get onto the balcony where I could see, hear and film the F1 cars down the straight

Lambos, Aventador, this car is just an amazing machine.

Restored light blue MK1 Golf was a nice car to look at, really loved it.

Nismo GTR race car was a great machine to spent time around as well, and the crew was great and we were allowed full access around the garage.

Here are two links, one to the photos and one to the F1 clips. Videos are not executed well but.

I can see there is a lot of pictures missing so I will have a look later what is going in there, but for now...enjoy it

Sean, THANK YOU once again mate, much much appreciated

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139785.../shares/w4zv09

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139785.../shares/q46va5

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 28th March 2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
First of all massive THANK YOU to Sean (Steamship) who offered me the pair of tickets he won at Annual Meet last year in Wales, only because he felt sorry for me after being refused to test drive any of the cars in Wales. Sean, thank you once again mate, much much appreciated.

Sean, THANK YOU once again mate, much much appreciated

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139785.../shares/w4zv09

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139785.../shares/q46va5
Cheers Marcin. I'm just glad the tickets were being put to a good use, and it sounds as if they were.

Haven't had a chance to go through the videos yet, but have managed to work through all the photos. I found the VW/Ducati odd in two ways. Carbon fibre everywhere, except for a wooden gearstick. That, and the steering wheel looking offset. As for the F1 cars, I think my favourite has to be the JPS one. Also glad to hear you got to drive the RS6 and the S8.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 30th March 2016, 11:51 AM

Why were you not allowed to drive the cars at the meet Marcin?

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 30th March 2016, 11:54 AM

Well done Marcin - will look when I get the chance, glad you enjoyed it, and spot on re: politics too . See you soon.

Last edited by tintin; 30th March 2016 at 11:56 AM.