A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 22nd March 2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
VWs latest offer in EVs: a "concept" car - due in 2025 - with this video basically confirming that the ID3,4, and 5 have failed.
Is this the one, the 'ID. 2all'?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TaNKoYLGsQ

Why do they need another 'concept' (which is essentially an EV Polo) when they already have EVs on the forecourt? Feels like desperation using the concept term with it.

These are what I would consider 'concept' cars:

https://www.businessinsider.com/vw-g...4-11?r=US&IR=T

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/con...uture-motoring

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 22nd March 2023, 04:59 PM

Yes, that's the one, and I agree - they're confusing the word "concept" with "not ready to deliver".

VAG did the same prior to the arrival of the Model 3 with similar promises about various e-tron/Porsche "Tesla killers" (see most of Amar's posts from early in this thread), practically all of which didn't come to fruition in terms of price, performance or date delivered - although Tesla is also no saint on the last of those three promises

It's a real shame that this car is only a concept and won't be ready for at probably at least 2 years, as they'll be behind the curve (again...) by then. It looks really good, and I'd be very, very impressed if they delivered that on time and at this price point, but we'll see.

Whilst I'm not a big fan of VAG any more, I'd hate to see them losing out to some Chinese manufacturer: my bet is that it'll be someone like Kia who steals their crown, as they seem to have been able to pivot to EV reality and have less legacy hang-ups.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 3rd April 2023, 01:31 PM

Default Try doing this in an Audi...

...or any other car. Especially whilst driving
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum in a Tesla 0.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	29445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum in a Tesla 1.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	29446  

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 15th July 2023, 01:05 PM

Road trip on in Tesla, leaving 29/07/2023.
All free charging in Tesla SC's on the way, savings £350-400 compared to diesel each way. Trip destination 50kW, €0.20/min local charger 100 meters from mother In laws house.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish_20230715_140746949.png
Views:	385
Size:	505.1 KB
ID:	29828  

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 15th July 2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
All free charging in Tesla SC's on the way, savings £350-400 compared to diesel each way. Trip destination 50kW, €0.20/min local charger 100 meters from mother In laws house.

Nice, so mother-in-laws can have some uses……
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold

Old 15th July 2023, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post

Sounds like fun, and such a great thing to do in a Tesla. And so easy to drive on a road trip too, given the benefit of autopilot, auto route planning, Spotify, Netflix etc, etc: I'm aiming to do the same next month, but just to France, Netherlands and possibly Germany.

At current fuel prices, I estimate that I'd have saved approximately £55,000 on super unleaded fuel since I bought my Tesla and have used that car instead of my S8 for day to day travel.

Which is basically the difference between the cost of the car new, and what it's worth now - although it's got at least another 150k (if not double that...) miles of life left in it, so I have at least the same level of cost savings still to come in future.

Hope you enjoy the trip - would love to hear how you get on with this

Old 18th July 2023, 08:35 AM

Until your battery dies.
Had a Model 3... never again..
Old 18th July 2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp38 View Post
Until your battery dies.
Had a Model 3... never again..
Really? Why never again? I'd love to hear your story...

Old 19th July 2023, 07:57 AM

I had numerous issues with the CC and autopilot literally trying to kill us.

Doing an emergency brake on the motorway at 70 mpg was not good and we had several instances whereby the vehicle tech is simply not good enough.

On top of this TESLA service has been outstandingly poor.

On another note.
Had to have 4x new tyres and at the time (covid) the only place I could get them was Tesla.

So paid the premium and had four new tyres.
On picking the vehicle up, they advised one wheel had been broken in the process and they would replace it. They replaced it with a used wheel.
when I challenged them, I was advised that under warrentee TESLA reserves the right to used used parts when they feel it is suitable.

Anyway, I have unfortunately more stories on how TESLA brand is quite nonsense.

However, I do understand the Model S early ones are much better and if you have one with free supercharging for life then as long as your battery holds up, you are in a good place.
As I say, for me, never again...
Best wishes
Old 19th July 2023, 11:02 AM

Wow! That doesn't sound like a happy experience, at all, either in terms of the car or service, which is a shame really. Almost the opposite from me, in all respects, and my (second...) battery is holding up just fine, which I'm expecting to continue.