A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st March 2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
People are getting their A8s perfected for the mass mad-max exodus or maybe they will just work on them now the weather is getting better and they have fewer choices about how to spend their free time (and money). I have a foot in both camps. I heard DIY stores are doing OK, but again, could just be the arrival of Spring. Sorry to say, but unless there is a medical advance specific to this virus, this will go on until next year.
My colleagues wife works at Homebase and according to her the last 2 weeks have been the busiest EVER for Homebase. Lots of people stocking up with DIY and garden items so they have something to do if they need to self isolate.

My son has just got fever, the odds are it's more likely to be cold or flu but since the tests are not widely available to know for sure we will be self isolating following government advice.

I have not stocked up on anything specially for virus but I buy stuff when it's on offer and have a 2nd freezer filled and lot's of longlife foods anyway so I could easily last couple of weeks. Only issue is fresh foods like milk, yogurt, fruit..., and all delivery slots in supermarkets are fully booked so will need to adjust diet accordingly.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 21st March 2020 at 06:17 AM.