A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 5th April 2024, 05:19 PM

Default 2002 S8 D2 for sale.

It is with much sadness that I post this.
My partner has decided to sell her 2002 S8 D2, which she has had for the last 23 years! Yes she is only the second owner!!
This is primarily due to the fact that the car needs money spent on her.
There are few things wrong with her, that can be explained in greater detail should you be interested. One is the coolant leak, which is believed to be the radiator: however I have purchased a brand new rad (which is still in its box!) from Germany.
She is pale blue with a grey (swing) interior, which I will say is in a condition befitting a car of her age and stature, after all she was used as a family car!!
It would be a shame to just scrap her, when I'm sure someone on here could give her the attention she needs.
I have no idea of her current value, so sensible offers considered.
By the way we are in north Essex.
If you would like to know more, please feel free to message me.Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 18.32.44_0f2a903b.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	30187

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 18.32.44_026f5a5e.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	619.1 KB
ID:	30188

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 18.32.44_c2d59091.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	30189

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 18.32.45_d49fa9ac.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	30190

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 18.32.45_f6a88da2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	711.6 KB
ID:	30191
Old 5th April 2024, 05:58 PM

It would help prospective buyers if you provided more information about the car upfront. Immediate ones that come to mind are mileage, service history and transmission history (serviced/rebuilt?). GLWS.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 6th April 2024, 03:25 PM

Default Extra to first post.

Further to my first post.

She has approx 135,000 miles on her.
I have about 90% of her service history and the transmission has been rebuilt once about 9 or 10 years ago by a company on Canvey Island.
Old 8th April 2024, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
It would help prospective buyers if you provided more information about the car upfront. Immediate ones that come to mind are mileage, service history and transmission history (serviced/rebuilt?). GLWS.
And a definition of 'sensible' offers

Personally I'd want to know more about the coolant leak too, having just gone through all this, and the associated total non-availability of parts, with mine. I wouldn't mine betting it's that same pipe rusted through as both steamship and I have experienced
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 8th April 2024 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 8th April 2024, 03:11 PM

As far as I am aware, and according to my local garage. It was only the radiator leaking hence the new one from Germany. However it may or may not have more leaks!!
Old 8th April 2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
This is a good example of an (old!) ad on here that covers pretty much all the main bases - including good quality photos - which saves people on here asking lots of specific, but basic, questions, so might be worth looking at as reference:

https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13621

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 8th April 2024, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Personally I'd want to know more about the coolant leak too
Never even spotted that. I had a coolant leak from somewhere for ages before I found it was from the very top corner of the radiator, and eventually replaced it last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I wouldn't mine betting it's that same pipe rusted through as both steamship and I have experienced
Oh, that's a painful one to mention one year on for me, and look what that led to for me!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds