A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 1st June 2017, 08:22 AM

Default Oh dear, What a crock week

Wednesday
From 09:00 spent over six hours washing car ready for Friday's drive to the Annual meet.
11:00 Gwen had a phone call from the hospital, they want her in Thursady (today) at 12:00 for another scan, this time with the injection. Now we are starting to worry because they wouldn't say why, just this new to us doctor wanted a deeper one.
17:45 one of our nieces rang telling us Gwen's youngest sister had suffered a massive heart attack and was in in ICU at Wythenshawe Hospital. Obviously we dropped everything and headed there. She is very bad. She'd been on her own at home, phoned the Doctor and collapsed while speaking. Ambulance took 20 minutes to arrive then had to go in and move their dog. They reckon that she had no heart action for thirty minutes resulting in major brain damage. Prognosis very bad. Because they are a big Army family (followed my footsteps) the kids & grandkids descended from bases all over the country, luckily none are overseas at the moment. Gwen wanted to stay overnight but we managed to talk her into heading home 'cos of her scan today. We'll head back this afternoon.
On the way home it bucketed down on the M6 so I'm afraid our 8 will not be up to standard this weekend.
Please forgive us if we seem to be a bit cool over the weekend.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 1st June 2017, 08:58 AM

Jeez Ray. That's a rough ride you're both having. Thinking of you.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 1st June 2017, 10:31 AM

That's tough Ray - I hope Gwen's scan today goes ok, the waiting is the hardest part often, and I'm glad to hear that you've got lots of family around to help share the load. I'm not sure there's much - if anything - I can do to help, but shout if you think I can, given that I'm relatively local.

Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow/at the weekend - sometimes a break is a good thing to take your mind off things, but family should always come first.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 1st June 2017, 11:11 AM

Fingers crossed all goes well for Gwen today Ray. As Tintin says, family comes first, so no one will be upset if you both have other things on your mind. At least with all the kids and grandkids on hand, it may make it easier for Gwen to relax a little.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 1st June 2017, 11:59 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
That's tough Ray - I hope Gwen's scan today goes ok, the waiting is the hardest part often, and I'm glad to hear that you've got lots of family around to help share the load. I'm not sure there's much - if anything - I can do to help, but shout if you think I can, given that I'm relatively local.

Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow/at the weekend - sometimes a break is a good thing to take your mind off things, but family should always come first.
Ditto.

Really sorry to hear it Ray.

Let me know if there's anything we can do to help too.

I hope all goes well with Gwen's scan.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 1st June 2017, 01:05 PM

Sorry to hear it Ray. I hope that things turn the corner for you and Gwen. But if you do feel able to be at the meet then we would be glad to see you.
Old 1st June 2017, 05:22 PM

Update time.
No change overnight so took Gwen for the scan. We thought it was for her chest but they did her stomach as well. Don't know why, just what the doctor had asked for???????
Set off from Wigan Hospital to visit Gwen's youngest sister in South Manchester. Part way there we had a text saying that everything had been switched off, then a phone call saying that she had passed.
Obviously Gwen is a bit broken but we will still be attending this weekend. It will help us both to be with the friends that we have developed over the last few years.
Thank you all for the very nice comments and offers of help.
Much apreciated.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 1st June 2017, 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time, Ray.
I sincerely hope Gwen will have the best medical attention.

Even if Gwen's sister passed on and you both will miss her. I hope you can take comfort that she didn't have to stay trapped in the body, as she ended up with brain damage.
Research has been studying near death experiences ever since Raymond A. Moody published books on the topic in the 70s.

As most people seems to find reading books challenging. I link a youtube for you Life After Life with the hope it can be of some comfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z56u4wMxNlg

A man named Edgar Cayce, spoke about life both in the physical, in a body, and non-physical life in other spheres. Long before Moody. In fact he talked about this in the 30s and 40s. Most of his work concerns medical cases, but you can find he answered questions about a wide range of topics.
http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/edgar-cayce.html

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 1st June 2017, 07:01 PM

Ray & Gwen, so sorry to hear of your bad news and sorry we won't be there to share a story and a pint this weekend.

We both hope to catch up with you soon though and wish you both the very best meanwhile.

Steve & Anely
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 1st June 2017, 07:04 PM

Sorry to hear this Ray & Gwen, look forward to seeing you both at the weekend

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey