A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 3rd June 2014, 06:59 PM

Who lives near to Leeds/Bradford that can take my items to the meet ?
I can drop them locally if somebody is nearby
Old 4th June 2014, 10:35 PM

Iv still not finalised exact freebies as of yet - I'm on the process of a blag tomorrow/Friday. I will do as best I can tho 👍
Old 9th June 2014, 08:07 AM

Default After meet update

Huge, huge thanks to all who donated prizes, we struggled to get everything on the prize table Also huge thanks to everyone who bought raffle tickets or took part in the Whisky Experience. The total amount raised is £434.45 (not sure where the 45p came from) and we will be donating to Prostate Cancer UK, the charity chosen by Richard for his recent lycra fest. The donation will be made via the Just Giving page for Richard's event.

Once again many many thanks to all

cheers

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 11th June 2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Ok then, I've just had a phone call from a young lady called Kelly, who is the PA to this Konsbruck fella and first of all she would like me to pass on their sincere apologies for not dealing with this in a better manner.

As for merchandise, she will be emailing me confirmation, but in a nutshell, she is sending me a box of merchandise that will include pens, wallets, cuddly toys and other bits and bobs.

Plus, a BIG prize by way of apology:

She is sending me two tickets to the Goodwood Festival at the end of June, including lunch.

She asks if I would like these personally, but I'd rather these were put up for the raffle, or perhaps better still due to the value, that these are auctioned with the proceeds going to the charity of course.

She also told me that she had been trying all day to try to arrange a loan of a D4 S8 for the meet weekend, but had been unable to get one for the dates required. She did however say that she would be happy to make arrangements, through your local Audi Centres, for any of our members to take extended test drives from the end of June onwards.

All in all, a much better outcome to this, and I'm really really pleased with the gesture

Finally, I have also promised to send her photos from the event, can I assume you would all be happy to consent to these being used by them for PR if required?
So, as most of you know by now, the box of cheap tat from Audi turned up and formed part of the raffle on Saturday night.

However, and despite chase up emails to this lady Kelly, I have heard NOTHING more about the promised Goodwood tickets, so I'd just like to say sorry for leading you all up the garden path with those.

Needless to say I will be going on the attack via email and Audi UK's facebook page.

Please feel free to join in.

The email address for Audi UK's managing director is andre.konsbruck@audi.co.uk and/or you can post your comments on the thread on their Facebook page at Audi UK Facebook page
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 11th June 2014, 12:09 PM

I'm gonna have fun with this:

Audi Customer Services Survey
Attached Images
File Type: png LOL at Audi UK.png (111.9 KB, 9 views)

Old 11th June 2014, 12:16 PM

Do you know what, i had a call yesterday from Audi UK replying to the snotogramme i sent last week. The matey said "I'm just replying regarding your email and i just wanted to say that we have donated some things including 2 tickets to Goodwood" i said i know and thank you very much it was massive success and there will be some photo's coming your way as requested. He seemed supprised that it had happened already.
I didn't realise they had failed miserably or i'd have let him know. I feel violated.

The other thing Sarg is you want to tell them you’re getting threats of a lynching now as everyone thinks you’ve pocketed them as it was confirmed yesterday they have been sent. Thats just not fair

Bright yellow bus o love.

Last edited by Dezzy; 11th June 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna have fun with this:

Audi Customer Services Survey
Yeah I got one of these, duly completed in as negative a manner as possible, last I heard

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 11th June 2014, 12:59 PM

Talk about flippin' Murphy's Law

They just turned up in the post, postmarked yesterday.

I'm speaking with the event organisers now to come up with a way of distributing them now the raffle is over, any ideas gratefully received.

Old 11th June 2014, 03:59 PM

Oh ffs, They're going to love me, again!

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 11th June 2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Talk about flippin' Murphy's Law

They just turned up in the post, postmarked yesterday.

I'm speaking with the event organisers now to come up with a way of distributing them now the raffle is over, any ideas gratefully received.
I sent off a letter to Mr Konsbruck earlier today regarding the tickets and the loan of a S8/A8, and this is what he said:

'I believe there is a big misunderstanding and unfortunately Mr Sargent forgot to tell you that he has been advised that the VIP tickets would not be physically available for your charity event for the simple reason that Goodwood only issued the festival tickets this week. The tickets have been sent out on 9th of June as promised.

With regard to the S8, Mr Sargent asked specifically for a S8 for the weekend which was unfortunately not available. When we later started to discuss an A8, also this model was not available any more on short notice, but has been offered for a test drive at a later stage.

I am therefore a bit irritated about the whole commotion and I wonder what will now happen with the VIP tickets.'

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds