A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th June 2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
'With regard to the S8, Mr Sargent asked specifically for a S8 for the weekend which was unfortunately not available. When we later started to discuss an A8, also this model was not available any more on short notice, but has been offered for a test drive at a later stage.'
Interesting

The demo car is largely irrelevant anyway, but anything other than an S8 was not mentioned at all until my reminder email last week about the tickets, the same email which they're claiming they never received. Funny eh?

I did not forget to mention anything, the contact at Audi said she would email me confirmation about the tickets, she didn't. I learnt the hard way a long long time ago not to take people on their word. Could you imagine us taking several hundred pounds off one of our members only for the tickets to never surface?

This is the email sent to them on 3rd June, the same email they told me today they had not seen:

From: Stephen Sargent [mailto:stephen.sargent@piafs.co.uk]
Sent: 03 June 2014 12:25
To: 'andre.konsbruck@audi.co.uk'
Subject: Attention of Kelly

Dear Kelly

Just a quick note to confirm receipt of your parcel of items for the raffle this coming weekend, many thanks, this gesture is very much appreciated.

I was expecting an email from you confirming the Goodwood tickets, so that I may print same to give to the winner of this prize, assuming tickets themselves will not arrive on time.

Regarding the demo, if you are able to source any derivative of the latest A8 for this weekend, then I’m sure our members would love to have a good look over one, but appreciate it is now very short notice, plus I’ve just spent about 20 hours last weekend detailing my car for the weekend!

Kind regards

I have asked our event organisers how they wish to proceed, but as far as I'm concerned Audi can have the tickets back, been nothing but an arseache.
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011