A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 5th November 2023, 11:41 AM

Default Leaking water into the footwells

Hi I have a problem with water in the front footwells the passenger side is the worst has anyone ever changed the sunroof drain hose before as mine is cracked or came loose at the bottom of the window screen what trim has to be removed to gain access to the hose or is there some kind of easy fix thanks trevor
Old 5th November 2023, 04:37 PM

Haven't replaced them, but a good start would be the following:

Repair group 60 in the following PDF: 28-Service Manual General body repairs exterior.pdf

Repair group 70.5 in the following PDF: 29-Service Manual General body repairs interior.pdf

Bear in mind that Audi tend to want everything removed to work on something, so it may not be absolutely necessary. I only had a quick look at them, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning removal/replacement of the actual piping, but it does give information about the sunroof.

If you're replacing the front ones; part number 4E0877201; you're going to have to get access to the A-pillar, and the removal of some trim at the outer side of the footwell. Not sure how you'll get it past the dashboard, unless there's a decent gap for it. You'll also have to remove the rear half of the front wheel arch liners.

If you're replacing the rear ones; part number 4E0877203 (or 4E0877203A for LWB), you'll have to remove the trim at the side of the rear window, and possibly the trim for the curtain airbags. I believe they exit to the front of the rear wheel, so it'll either be loosen or remove that wheel arch liner.

When I was retrofitting the rear blind on the D3, I noticed that the drain pipe was made from a very soft plastic, so I'd say caution would be needed when fitting the new one, as I don't think it would take much to damage it i.e. I doubt you'll be able to feed it in one end and then pull it through if it's a snug fit.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds