A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 26th October 2015, 04:49 PM

Default I won't be using ford dealerships again!!!

Sorry for the long post.

I bought a oil cooler stat for my new work hack a 2.0tdci Mondeo estate, I could get them online for ~£15 for a supposed genuine one, I needed it that day for the motorway journey the next morning so got one through ford for £30

When I first fitted it you could blow through it, at first I thought it might be normal, but after a week or so I wasn't happy with the warm up times still, I had previously fitted a new premium main stat from GSF just to note, anyway when I realised it still wasn't right I.e 15+ minutes of constant driving to start to see the needle move I ordered the genuine stat off eBay and waited for it to arrive.

I got the new oil cooler stat fitted and put the old stat in the glove box to take to ford when I had chance, this is where it gets annoying, so turn up at fords parts counter and let the parts guy know that I want to return a faulty stat along with sales invoice, I then got told I'd have to wait a few weeks whilst they get it tested in Coventry annoyed at the wait to get my money back, but I still agreed to have it done, I later that day I get a call from the dealer saying that they won't refund me because I replaced the stat with one bought from elsewhere and I need to speak to ford customer services to make a complaint, so when I got home I phoned ford customer services made a complaint and was told yet again to wait for a response from themselves regarding the matter, this was Thursday or Friday last week, may I add until this point even though quite annoyed I had stayed calm and collective towards ford staff.

Roll on to today where I get a phone call from ford customer services who now start saying because I fitted the stat myself they won't warrant the part as I may have broke it during installation, I'm really starting to get annoyed by this point as they are now telling me to go back to the dealer and sort it out with them as the dealer is the one that doesn't want to refund the part, bit of a heated discussion with the woman on the phone regarding loads of issues and why was I sold the part without being given all this information, and just having her spout lines off her computer which wasn't helping matters.

So whilst still fresh I'd thought I'd go to the dealer in question and get some answers, on the way pop into euros to collect my order only to be told the system is down and to come back tomorrow (great)

I get to Bristol street motors and ask to speak to the service manager, I say I want to discuss about my part refund and get told to wait, albeit only a couple of minutes, now don't get me wrong I unleashed hell in there I wasn't happy and had raised my voice considerably I wasn't abusive and didn't swear or start calling him all the names under the sun, I'm now getting told yet again the reason is because I fitted a none dealer bought part and that I didn't agree for the part to be tested (if that was the case why did I leave the part and the sales invoice in there possession) I argue at why is me using another part an issue when my issue is with the faulty part that wasn't "fit for purpose" the service manager was just being an aggressive arse and even tried to get in my face by saying "so what have you got for me then, come on what you got for me" because the sales woman misconstrued what I said when I first went into reception and though I had bought a part in to be returned.

I then said for him to get it tested and asked on the time frame to be told "it'll get done when it gets done" I also came from every angle to prove why am I have such an issue with returning this item, I said why wasn't this explained when I bought the item to be told it's in the terms and conditions, I asked for him to show me where and he refused even after I corrected him and told him they actually had my original bill of sale, I then asked then to copy my invoice after today's fiasco so I have a copy and upon reading the back there is nothing stating this issue of fitting parts yourself.

I could go on for ages, like why am I bound to use ford fitters to fit a part when I'm perfectly capable to fit it myself, and i paid the extra not only for convinience but for a supposedly superior product and service and this comment just got shrugged by the manager and focuses on the fact I paid double the price because it was convenient, but this post is long enough as it is, after all this I'm still none the wiser, there going to send the part off to be tested and then get back to me if they refund the part, or I get to keep a duff stat which by the way after fitting the eBay ford one has been getting up to temp quicker and holding its temp better too.

Anyway this garage was Bristol street motors in Shirley and the service manager was frank hall, I don't deny my attitude stank and I was disruptive and loud but I was a very disgruntled customer I'll also mention again I wasn't abusive, I didn't swear and I didn't start name calling, and I got greeted by an arrogant and aggressive manager.

I can conclude unless I have no other choice in the world then I won't be going to ford for parts and service ever again, some people may of had good or bad experiences from using ford dealers and understand that they are franchises, but I was that annoyed with the service i'v got that I wanted to let other people no my experience and maybe warn others and most importantly for myself, to just vent some anger as I honestly feel like they have just robbed me of £30 and a heap of my time.

This post is long and good luck to anyone that gets all the way through it lol!
Old 26th October 2015, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles View Post
This post is long and good luck to anyone that gets all the way through it lol!
Yup, took some reading.....

Poor show that they're being so defiant over £30.

Arguably you might have refund-ability through your credit card provider if you have been saddled with duff goods from a retailer.

You can always escalate to senior staff in the franchise group if you feel you have more steam to let off

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Old 26th October 2015, 06:05 PM

Default can you understand this

neylassthanoseiawlussavafoord
Old 26th October 2015, 06:10 PM

I suffer with dyslexia but well done
Old 27th October 2015, 08:41 AM

I suffer from old age which is a bit like dyslexia but with steroids

Hope you manage to nail the bar stewards, why are they so silly over £30?
They obviously do not care about PR

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 27th October 2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
I suffer from old age which is a bit like dyslexia but with steroids

Hope you manage to nail the bar stewards, why are they so silly over £30?
They obviously do not care about PR
Haha! I'd hate to think what I'd be like in a few years then

I have no idea on the issue, iv spent the whole time feeling like iv done something drastically wrong and I'm just trying to pull a fast on one them but yesterday was just the last straw for feeling mugged off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Yup, took some reading.....

Poor show that they're being so defiant over £30.

Arguably you might have refund-ability through your credit card provider if you have been saddled with duff goods from a retailer.

You can always escalate to senior staff in the franchise group if you feel you have more steam to let off
I can't remember how I paid for it, I guess I could look through my statements, I only have 1 CC so it's 50/50 wheather I could go that route as I'm 99% sure I didn't pay cash.

I may send a polite but unhappy email to someone higher in the group as not just for myself but if I was a more frial person then I'd hate to think what it'd be like dealing with that manager.
Old 27th October 2015, 01:40 PM

Go higher for sure, Ford customer services let them know you were abused by the manager and him being in your face, reckon it's on camera?

When you go on their website there is a live chat box that comes up, worth asking if i use the garage will i also be abused if i have to return anything?

Bright yellow bus o love.

Last edited by Dezzy; 27th October 2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 27th October 2015, 03:31 PM

Escalating is good, especially where you've got good evidence of wrongdoing.

I did that, and got the dealership concerned to compensate me by getting them to bring 5 of their high performance vehicles to the annual meet for lots of extended test drives by lots of people, none of whom were planning on buying one... .

Don't get mad, get even

…and then take your business elsewhere

Last edited by tintin; 28th October 2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 27th October 2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Escalating is good, especially where you've got good evidence of wrongdoing.

I did that, and got the dealership concerned to compensate me by getting them to bring 5 of their high performance vehicle to the annual meet for lots of extended test drives by lots of people, none of whom were planning on buying one... .

Don't get mad, get even

…and then take your business elsewhere
...and a brilliant job you did

I would never have got another opportunity like it.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 27th October 2015, 06:18 PM

It might be worth calling the car issuer and state that the item has been returned. Even though it is under £100, we have still had refunds for tat this way.