A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th August 2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Oh my problem is fixed.....The buttons did that!

I've JUST managed to read the working firmware off my non CP working unit. Finding the right software/drivers for the programmer takes some doing and DAMN the holes are small for fitting the wires in - I had some fine multistrand stuff that i trimmed and made work, but even with a magnifier it took some doing!

Then the software is generally a bit bobbins, or maybe my wires or something. I could just about get a read in the first 10 seconds with most the software. I tried a couple of versions and a couple of different pieces of software. I've now got 5 identical files and you can read the serial number out, which matches with an old VCDS scan as well, so i'm pretty confident i've managed to back my eprom up. A WHOLE 8k file!!!

You need a fine T7 torq to get into the head unit itself and i think having the RIGHT size wire to start with would make it a fair bit easier, but in all honesty, it really isn't a job to do, unless you need to......Or you have an interest in it.
Interesting! Is this unit all part of the buttons? Is the control unit under the buttons or a separate unit?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder