A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 12th November 2015, 10:39 AM

Default My D2 S8 for sale

Due to my impending D3 purchase, I've run out of room on my drive so I'm quite reluctantly putting my S8 for sale.

Aqua Blue with Grey leather/Alcantara interior.
Lots of £ spent on maintenance including,
All front suspension arms/bushes replaced last month with OEM parts. Front strut (upright) also replaced.
Cats. began rattling when I bought it so I replaced them both with sports cats in the centre of the exhaust which occasionally illuminates the EML light because of the change in emissions. I also had the centre silencers removed and replaced with straight pipe when I had the cats done.
Bodywork is in great condition and it was professionally detailed in August. Interior trim has been sprayed to match the exterior colour (Aqua Blue) but I can include the original wood trim, if needed.
All 5 wheels freshly refurbed and in perfect condition with new Uniroyal RS3 tyres.
Gearbox has never showed signs of any problems.
Lots and lots of paperwork and history. Serviced last month, filters and fluids.
Good spec, as you can see. Bi-xenons, infrared windscreen etc. Doesn't have rear electric headrests but I've installed the middle button as I couldn't stand looking at a blanking button all the time!
X-CarLink unit fitted in glovebox.
4 keys (2 of them brand new)

Now the honest bad points:
- Slight brake judder while braking. I've had discs/pads replaced which improved it but still slight wobbling. I'm confident it could be cured with a disk skim in situ.
- Rear electric blind. Has worked in the past but recently seems to be just stuck on a piece of trim when trying to come up as you can hear it click when the button it pushed.
- Washer fluid sometimes leaks but the jets (including headlight washers) work fine.
-Small oil weep coming from undertray. Can't quite see where it's coming from but it's just a couple of drops on the driveway every now and then. I check the engine oil regularly and the quality and level are perfect.

S8 number plate not included, car will be on its original 'WP51' plate.
172,000 miles, 4 owners, MOT expires 13th January 2016.

Looking for £2,995 for a swift sale

- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8

Last edited by Conquistador; 12th November 2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12th November 2015, 10:52 AM

Its a good spec and obviously well looked after. (Although the engine compartment could do with a bit of cleaning work to satisfy those with a touch of OCD! ) Good luck with the sale.
Old 12th November 2015, 11:13 AM

Nice car Ollie - I've always liked that exterior/interior combo, especially with the Alcantara. Good luck with the sale, hopefully it'll go to a good home.
Old 12th November 2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
Looking for £2,995 for a swift sale
Ridiculously cheap, and I can't afford it GLWS

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 12th November 2015, 09:02 PM

Yours pics remind me of what mine could look like if I get time to wash it

Best of luck with the sale
Old 13th November 2015, 09:52 AM

Coming from a former owner - a right good car that's been well looked after (by me!) and wanted for noting (well - except a wheel refurb which Ollie has done)

Ollie forgot to add that the timing belt kit was changed about 2 years ago
I also had the gearbox serviced as well.

The electric blind did work fine - I kept a dehumidifier in the car on top of it hence why it may be sticky. I suspect it may be out of alignment and need resetting.

If this RS6 wasn't bankrupting me slowly id seriously consider buying it back.

Oh - and the colour coded interior was done professionally. Looks better than factory condition. Really good job.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:41 PM

Really like that colour coded interior. Looks quite different and modern!
Old 30th November 2015, 01:52 PM

Well, I sold and said goodbye to the D2 yesterday! I know it's going to a good home and another forum member.

- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 30th November 2015, 07:49 PM

It'll be well looked after Ollie, as you now know he's a great bloke and will cherish it and work his magic on it

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra