A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 26th March 2023, 10:15 AM

Default Front undertray retaining clips

Does anyone know what 3 retaining clips are underneath the engine undertray, are these the right ones?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324177085...mis&media=COPY

I've got the undertray held up on cable ties at the moment so once I get them off I want to make sure I have the right clips.
Old 27th March 2023, 09:26 PM

The last time I had the front undertrays off on a D3, there were nine grip pins (3B0805121) and nine rubber washers (4A0805137). From memory, the grip pins screw into metal fixings. Perhaps someone with a D3 can confirm before you buy them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8 D3 Grip Pin.png
Views:	212
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	29417   Click image for larger version

Name:	A8 D3 Rubber Washer.png
Views:	226
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	29418  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:14 PM

The above two parts posted by steamship are correct. You might also want the part that clips on the bracket and holds the screw. Part, 8D0805960.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20230423_081903_Chrome.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	29493  
Old 19th May 2023, 09:46 PM

Isn’t there a metal retaining bar of sorts where the front of tray meets the front bumper, and some additional fixings along back edge of undertray….. just remembering of this from when mines fell off
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold

Old 20th May 2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboyuk View Post
Isn’t there a metal retaining bar of sorts where the front of tray meets the front bumper, and some additional fixings along back edge of undertray….. just remembering of this from when mines fell off
There is a metal bar that helps support where the two undertrays meet. #7 in the attached image. That is where the metal clips that AlHeart mentioned go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A8 D3 Front Undertrays.png
Views:	190
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	29560  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th May 2023, 11:28 AM

I could have swore mines had another bar where the larger tray section joined the bumper at front, mines randomly fell off, well was hanging off and scraping ground…. Then before I managed to get it home to jack it n fix it it had fallen off, with the undertray then hanging n scraping. Regardless of how many times cable tied it it kept falling off again, and tearing the wheel arch liner. In the end it was barely hanging on at back where it meets the other one and I took it off completely
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold

Old 5th June 2023, 06:03 PM

Not sure if the S8 is different, but the front centre bolt is very slightly longer and has a different part number. I have fitted various ebay replicas and not found them that great. However, a set from Audi is around £50 (yes that's not a typo!) and so I can't be blamed for finding cheaper alternatives. I do now have some genuine ones waiting to go onto the car
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder