A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 5th November 2022, 06:58 PM

The only difference is that one has the cut out for the key barrel and the others don't. Not really worth buying a second hand one either as they will be worn (common issue)
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 6th November 2022, 12:15 AM

these part numbers are for an A8

i need Q7 ones as this thread is about my Q7 not A8
Old 6th November 2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
these part numbers are for an A8

i need Q7 ones as this thread is about my Q7 not A8
Whoops! Once the topic of battery drain was mentioned, I went into 'A8' mode.

That being the case, the Q7 options are more varied from a quick look, so need some clarification on exactly what is specced on the Q7. Apart from the keyless part, there is also mention of a 'chrome package'.

If you have the build sticker, here's what I've found. All the handles are the same, but there are 16 variants of them:

QJ0 - without chrome package
QJ1 - chrome package

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th November 2022, 02:22 AM

Default no worries

i think ive narrowed it down to this one as i have keyless and chrome strip
i will look at the build sticker thou laters

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115450503181
Old 7th November 2022, 08:19 AM

For chrome and keyless, that is indeed the correct one, and a good £70 cheaper than dealer price.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 9th November 2022, 07:15 AM

Default nice one

just had another thought
the button doesnt click so im assuming its shot, but could it be something else and would the fault show up on vag-com ?
Old 9th November 2022, 07:34 AM

If it’s a purely mechanical fault with the switch it might not show up. Past experience with my s5 suggests keyless stops working completely if it detects a fault with a door sensor, to prevent unwanted false detection of an unlock command

I’ve replaced all the door sensors on the S5 now - did the first one with an OEM replacement, the others are the cheap versions on eBay and they’ve been faultless since. Am aware the design is v different but might be worth a look?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 9th November 2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
the button doesnt click so im assuming its shot,
That would be my assumption as well. Going by the video I posted earlier of the A8 mechanism, and from personal experience of work torches that have surface mount switches in them (three in three years all under warranty, and always the switch stops working - and they weren't used that much), these surface mount switches just don't seem up to the job, and on the door they are susceptible to weather conditions. Since they don't have any sort of latch mechanism, I don't think anything would show up on a scan, and I doubt there is anything in the VCDS measuring blocks where you could test the operation of the switch.

Old 9th November 2022, 11:30 AM

If the switch has failed "closed" then you might get a code. If it has failed "open" then you will probably be able to see it not operating in the measuring blocks.

The next generation of keyless moved away from switches, which brought its own issues!
Old 9th November 2022, 12:20 PM

there is definatley a click of a micro swith working perfectly on the other 3 doors..
the 1 in trouble that button seems dead, no click and sunken in slightly..
my A8 did that too..