A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th March 2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat
Actually what i’d like is to be able to switch certain functions on or off.

Auto dimming mirrors off every now and then. Sometimes it is nice to see the vehicles that are behind you on the Motorway with a bit more clarity. (Police for example!!).
How could I forget this? The first 8 I had took a while to get used to. I had no idea it was even a feature! I Googled it and all became clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat
BMW has an electronic dip stick though which is a royal pain in the ass!!!!
I had no idea this existed until my neighbour was topping his up on his 1 series the other week. Surely it saves you from getting your hands dirtier though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E
On a D2 I would’ve liked auto lights and wipers as standard - both were fitted to our ‘99 Citroen Xsara and worked well enough. Features on our current cars that are totally taken for granted
Couldn't agree more. I remember when my Dad bought his Peugeot 306 GTI6 brand new in 98 I thought it was witchcraft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed
5. Rear seats that fold down. Just occasionally I’d really like to be able to fit longer stuff in the car.
6. PDC that operates when driving forward, without having to be manually switched on. A la Mercedes.
#5 I would have loved on a few occasions. #6 I agree also....but I forgot that I actually hate having to switch the PDC's off after finishing reversing. The second I put it in park it should happen automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne
Some decent in-car entertainment would have been nice, but that's where the D2's age really shows now. They missed RNS-E by a year

Also, <enginerd mode> coil-over-damper rear suspension like all other quattro cars.</enginerd mode> The separate spring and damper is really annoying and makes adjustable suspension or retrofitting anything interesting (like D3 or Allroad air) excessively complicated
Can't argue with any of these!

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White