A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 4th December 2022, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
From the official parts catalogue:
AD was available on the A8 from '04-'10

I was a bit vague with the DJ and DL ones in that the dates I gave is when they became available i.e. superseding older parts, but they won't necessarily show up in online searches as being suitable for an older vehicle.
Yes, I'd imagine the 059105251DJ part number applies to the end of the D3 run.
When I originally rang Audi with the AD number the guy told me that the part number had been superseded but wouldn't tell me the new part number!

I've just seen now on that OEMVWSHOP site that the AD original part number is listed under the OEM Part Numbers for the 059105251DJ part so I think happy days. Do you know if any bolts etc need to be replaced when putting the car front into the service position? Actually I'll have a look through the instruction PDFs.
Old 5th December 2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdred View Post
When I originally rang Audi with the AD number the guy told me that the part number had been superseded but wouldn't tell me the new part number!
Not very helpful as the official price is £283, so about the same as the one you linked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdred View Post
Do you know if any bolts etc need to be replaced when putting the car front into the service position? Actually I'll have a look through the instruction PDFs.
Sorry, never done any engine work on a D3.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 24th February 2024, 05:35 PM

Apologies for never wrapping this up - issue was indeed knackered crank pulley and car was back to normal after I replaced it with part I posted above.