A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Interior Electrics

D4 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 14th September 2022, 02:12 AM

Default Wiring for A8 D4

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and am hoping I can get a little help. What I'm looking for is the wiring diagram for the RSE system. I read a lot of posts before joining the site and having access. But I didn't see a lot on the wiring and where things were plugged into. I see a lot of people used the kufatec cable but I would like to use the originally Audi-supplied harness. I would like to know 1. where do the monitors on the back of the seat get it power from? 2. Where does the controller in the center rear console get power from?
Thanks, Mobetta30
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:10 PM

Hi mate, it is a very big job and quite labour intensive. I wanted to get this done but parts etc are dear and my mechanic friend said not worth it.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 26th January 2023, 07:02 PM

Did either of you make any progress on this?

Reason I ask is because I fitted all the hardware some time ago and am only now just getting around to the wiring side of things.

Despite my having the Kufatec harness I purchased from a reseller who goes by the name of Jestex (maybe he should change ot to Jester because he's a ****ing joke) who, although promising me he would supply the wiring diagrams never did and then ignored my emails.

Kufatec would not provide the wiring diagram either because I did not purchase from them despite it being their harness supplied in a Kufatec bag with their details all over it.

I even offered to purchase their TPMS Hi for 734 Euros if they might feel my pain and provide the RSE wiring diagram along with TPMS but they kindly told me to go back to my reseller.

Should change their name to Fukutec IMHO

If you need any wiring details I do have some here I've pulled together from various sources and my original thread can be seen here;

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13946

I'm pretty sure I know where all of the wiring goes but if anybody does have access to those elusive Kufatec wiring diagrams it would be gratefully received.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 26th January 2023, 08:08 PM

Reason I ask is because I fitted all the hardware some time ago and am only now just getting around to the wiring side of things.

Despite my having the Kufatec harness I purchased from a reseller who goes by the name of Jestex (maybe he should change ot to Jester because he's a ****ing joke) who, although promising me he would supply the wiring diagrams never did and then ignored my emails.

Kufatec would not provide the wiring diagram either because I did not purchase from them despite it being their harness supplied in a Kufatec bag with their details all over it.

I even offered to purchase their TPMS Hi for 734 Euros if they might feel my pain and provide the RSE wiring diagram along with TPMS but they kindly told me to go back to my reseller.

Should change their name to Fukutec IMHO

If you need any wiring details I do have some that I've pulled together from various sources that I might be able to post up if needed but my original thread with limited detail can be seen here;

I'm pretty sure I know where all of the wiring goes but if anybody does have access to those elusive Kufatec wiring diagrams it would be gratefully received.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 27th January 2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
I bought a harness from Kufatec's own site a few years back. Didn't install it at the time, and since then, things have got moved around, resulting in me misplacing the wiring diagram (took they out of the box and didn't put them back!). I contacted Kufatec and included photos of the harness (all still bagged) plus the credit card receipt from them, and they still wouldn't help, as it wasn't "recorded on their system". They seem to be overzealous in not helping people.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 27th January 2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I bought a harness from Kufatec's own site a few years back. Didn't install it at the time, and since then, things have got moved around, resulting in me misplacing the wiring diagram (took they out of the box and didn't put them back!). I contacted Kufatec and included photos of the harness (all still bagged) plus the credit card receipt from them, and they still wouldn't help, as it wasn't "recorded on their system". They seem to be overzealous in not helping people.
That's absolutely appalling customer service. They don't deserve any customers if they treat them like that.

I mean arguably they have reason enough not to supply me with the wiring diagram as I purchased through a reseller (apparently authorised who sells a lot of Kufatec products) and ultimately the responsibility sits with him but then why supply him if they are unable to offer him support to pass onto his customers?

Sit back and take the money is reason enough for them I suppose.

You having an official Kufatec sales receipt and their incompetence in not entering it into their system is something you should not be held to ransom for. Pity you can't send it back for a refund if they renege on their support and only offer half of their promised service.

I hate them even more than I did before after hearing your story. I mean who doesn't take a credit card sales receipt as proof of purchase?

Fukutec don't obviously...

I have one of their 33945 Video-In adapter cables here but I'm not sure whether I need the 33945-1 instead. Thing is I can't ask them for support and/or wiring instructions as I never purchased directly from them although it was obviously purchased form them as its still in the Kufatec labelled bag.

When I was originally interested in their TPMS a few years ago when it was 699 Euros I asked them if they could provide the installation instructions to check if it was something I really wanted to install depending on what was involved.

Same story...I was told no and that I would have to purchase it first just to get the wiring diagram. I was tempted to do that and then just send it back if it was a job I did not want to tackle but figured that a refund would probably not be a straightforward task bearing in mind their reluctance to help in the first instance.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 27th January 2023, 02:13 PM

Actually I just looked back at the invoice for my RSE wiring harness purchased on 5/10/21 for which I paid Jestex.de 318 Euros via their eBay account.

The harness was actually shipped directly from Kufatec with Kufatec paperwork to me and I also paid £51.45 for Duty, VAT & Handling directly to DHL.

When I asked Stefan from Jestex about the wiring diagram (2nd attempt as he didn't reply to my first email) he said the following on 11/10/21;

----------snip----------
Kufatec has some good items but also only offers support for the direct customers.
I now downloaded the Schematics for your car and will give you the solutions tomorrow.
Sorry for the new delay, but it's a bit more complicated than connecting a 12 Volt Jack (Hope you know what i mean)
----------snip----------

Despite two more emails from me I never did receive any further reply and so here I am some 15 months on still scratching around for wiring information...

-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 27th January 2023 at 02:16 PM.
Old 29th January 2023, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post

If you need any wiring details I do have some here I've pulled together from various sources and my original thread can be seen here;

You mentioned in your other thread about having some of the wiring details. The attached PDF is the current flow diagram for the RSE system if it's of any help, although you may already have it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A8 D4 Rear Seat Entertainment - Current Flow Diagram.pdf (573.5 KB, 116 views)

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th February 2023, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
You mentioned in your other thread about having some of the wiring details. The attached PDF is the current flow diagram for the RSE system if it's of any help, although you may already have it.
Thanks for that steamship...I've only just seen your reply.

I already have that one thanks as it was sent to me by a user from Audiworld Forums and although very detailed I didn't find it much help tbh as it just details the connections within the harness that I already have!

I've done a bit more work on it today and run the MOST optical loop to the TV Tuner along the same route I ran the part of the harness with the green multipin connector and decided to push that into the Quadlock as nothing will be recognised until I liven it up and program it in.

Didn't connect into the MOST optical loop as I'm conscious it only works one way round and I'm not sure which way round that might be!

It's bad enough that my aftermarket CarPlay now won't recognise my iPhone since I upgraded to the latest iOS 16.3 <sigh>

I've put the boot linings back in for now as I need to pack the boot for a quick trip to Belgium next week and didn't relish the thought of something whacking against exposed electronics if I had to brake, turn or accelerate suddenly.

The plan was to try to finish it this weekend but I don't want to get into the situation where component protection pops up and prevents me from using the MMI before my trip so I'll revisit this damn wiring nightmare when I get back.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 8th February 2023 at 05:31 PM.