A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 2nd June 2014, 12:49 PM

The lady on the phone said they do the checks.
I will mention it to them anyway, be nice to get a full check.
Might give me a few more things to fix.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 2nd June 2014, 01:24 PM

I can almost guarantee one item, doesn't seem to matter which garage or car, I nearly always get an advisory stating I need new windscreen wipers - got one once from a Mini dealer, the same dealer whose parts department had supplied new wipers just 2 weeks beforehand
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 2nd June 2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I can almost guarantee one item, doesn't seem to matter which garage or car, I nearly always get an advisory stating I need new windscreen wipers - got one once from a Mini dealer, the same dealer whose parts department had supplied new wipers just 2 weeks beforehand
Back in the late 90s when I had three new A4 in three years, I always ended up paying for new wipers and screen wash at the first couple of services, even when the wipers were still in good nick. After that, the first thing I said to them at each service after that was 'do not replace the wipers and do not add screenwash'. Since I now have a '01 A8, it goes nowhere near an Audi garage. Shudder to think how much they would sting me for.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 3rd June 2014, 06:57 AM

I suspect they will say the wipers needs changing because they do but I'll do it my self and get a repair kit.

Front tyres will be on the list and possibly a front control arm or two.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 5th June 2014, 09:33 PM

A quick pre-wedding wash i think.
Don't want to drive home a married man in a dirty 8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3588_1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	598.6 KB
ID:	8374  
Old 21st July 2014, 07:37 AM

Saturday was my first time using the towbar bike rack and its amazing.
So easy to use and set up.
When the bike is off the rack it fits in the boot for secure storing. There is no worry about hitting car park roofs (again). The rack also sits high so you it wont bottom out when going up and down steep slopes.

Tilt mode so I can get in to the boot.

The car even knows about the trailer.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:01 AM

Wired my dash cam up properly at least.

I used this little port off the heads up controls.

Used the proper Audi Plug and cables, then connected them to a random mobile phone charging cable I had which fitted the Camera.

Put it all back together and it ended up like this.

All in and working.
Old 28th July 2014, 08:17 AM

Removed the rear badges over the weekend.

Old 28th July 2014, 08:33 AM

I bought a rebuild kit for the suspension pump last week and spent friday afternoon removing the pump and rebuilding the compressor.

I only took two pictures.

This one of the space where it once was.

And this one of the damage done to the cylinder.

I bought the kit off bagpippingandy and emailed him the above picture.
He said the new kit should last about 6 months with that sort of damage but he can sort me out with a new/recon pump if I send him mine.
Hopefully it will last till after christmas then I'll look into replacing the pump.
Old 28th July 2014, 08:43 AM

What kind of damage is it, it looks like plastic stuck to the bore? is it actual scoring or corrosion pitting?

If it is pitting you could have bought some devcon metal putty and filled it then honed the cylinder flush again.

for all the pressure thats in there I think it would be fine with a putty repair if it is pitting or scoring damage.