A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 15th June 2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I wondered this too...... Seemed excessive really.

I guess the other issue they have is that they are filming more than a week in advance by the sounds of it, so whatever feedback they get, is taking 2 episodes to implement...

And where was the Tesla model X that Chris specifically said was coming in episode 3 ? Pretty basic error to announce the presence of something that doesn't come.

3 episodes left in this season before a lot of folk switch off for ever....
Model X is on next week - shunted out of Ep 3 at the last minute...
Old 15th June 2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
According to this new article in "The Sun"...

I'm another who just can't stand Chris Evans. He was just about tolerable on TFI Friday in the 90s but the irritation of his voice on radio and TV soon becomes too much for me. He still stands out as the weakest link on the new TG. Matt LeBlanc is settling down well in a studio role and is becoming more likable but I think there is a hurdle with an American presenter delivering jokes written by British scriptwriters. It's still a little uncomfortable watching him attempt to crack jokes, especially obscure metaphors. Sabine on the other hand seems quite natural in a presenting role and that girl can drive!

I can't remember the last time I sat through a star in a reasonably priced car feature - it gives little substance to the show, I just find it so boring and can not see the point of it taking up a good 15-20 minute chunk of the program especially in its new format. There isn't much car talk, instead it's just talking about the guests' latest book or film they have out.

Overall I enjoyed the Ken Block film at the end of ep.3, the production of it was excellent, mainly with the helicopter but just hooning around doing donuts soon got tiresome and I'm glad they chose not to use the piece of film where they were tearing around the Cenotaph outside Downing Street . I wonder how much this whole feature cost with all the road closures, film time etc.

The Extra Gear boys are very watchable and I vaguely remember watching Rory Reid's audition video when the BBC were hyping it up asking for people to submit their 30 second audition tapes.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 4th July 2016, 02:40 PM

Chris Evans has "stepped down"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266
Old 4th July 2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
Good decision. Now get Eddie Jordan to go and have Chris Harris co-present with Matt LeBlanc and things should improve. Still don't like the celebrity bit as it drags on too long.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 4th July 2016, 02:59 PM

"BREAKING NEWS: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - just hours after police revealed he WILL be investigated over allegations he sexually assaulted a woman in the 1990s"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-audience.html

That should knock him down a peg or two!
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 4th July 2016, 03:22 PM

I record the show and FF through all the sh1t. Aside from the sh1t, I think Matt LeBlanc can carry the show, and EJ adds little.

I thought last night's show was good apart from the 10 mins or so I FF'd through.

I've nothing against Evans, and don't believe in 'no smoke without fire', but the show just didn't benefit from him being there. LeBlanc is more natural and relaxed. He could easily front the show. Sabine and the rest are good too. Goes without saying Harris is a talent, and that Rory is surprisingly good.

I just wish they'd cut out all the hammy sh1te. If they do, there is the making of a good show there.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 4th July 2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Good decision. Now get Eddie Jordan to go and have Chris Harris co-present with Matt LeBlanc and things should improve. Still don't like the celebrity bit as it drags on too long.
My thoughts exactly.

Need more challenges and road trips and more challenges on the trip and more mocking about, less dragging time with special effects like on the NSX clip.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 4th July 2016, 09:18 PM

Just watched last night's episode, and thought it was the best one yet, loved the NSX, the 911R, and I might be biased.... but the scenery in the Mustang piece was pretty good. The piece on the reworked classics was entertaining, would love to have a drive in that MGB. However I was and still am a big fan of the three stooges and the chemistry they had is a hard act to follow, so looking forward to the Grand Tour when it arrives

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 4th July 2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Just watched last night's episode, and thought it was the best one yet, loved the NSX, the 911R, and I might be biased.... but the scenery in the Mustang piece was pretty good. The piece on the reworked classics was entertaining, would love to have a drive in that MGB. However I was and still am a big fan of the three stooges and the chemistry they had is a hard act to follow, so looking forward to the Grand Tour when it arrives
Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but they have been getting better and better. It may not be as good as with the other three, but once they sort out their presenters and ditch or shorten the celebrity duo guest spot, it looks promising for the future. Add the Grand Tour, and we could have two great motoring programmes.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 5th July 2016, 03:59 AM

I'm pleased evans has gone. He really wasn't working. I hope they'll reform the stars in cars segment too, the whole segment inc rally cross did not float my boat at all. The rally cross section of the actual track seems to knock the pace and energy out the lap and drains it of all excitement, plus it just seems to coat the track in mud which can't do any power tests any favours.

Matt seemed to settle into it all OK so with evans gone hopefully he'll shine and Harris & Sabine should go well together.

Here is hoping they go for another season in the autumn but I've not heard anything as yet.

Factory: finger print, tv, xenons, keyless entry & go, soft close boot, 19s, and probably lots more besides

Done: fixed headlight washer leak, fit Bluetooth in place of factory phone

To do: DAB, DTV, fix soft close boot, get a spare key, investigate NSF bushes,