A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 7th November 2022, 07:40 AM

Default D2 Audi A8L FL 4.2

I've downgraded recently to an S5 so I now have a V8 A8L for sale, March 2000 reg A8 LFO

It's done 185000, gearbox was recon in 2014 and has been solid ever since. I can't open the bonnet as the cable has snapped and there's a definite coolant leak. it's had the aluminium oil cooler upgrade part fitted. Fuel pump replaced with proper seal kit but runs out of petrol at 1/3 of a tank. The car has the Final Edition wheels (20x8.5) with a decent set of tyres all round and the seats were replaced with platinum grey Recaros. It's also got the MJ brake block enhancement. Rear bumper needs a recoat as the lacquer has come away and gone all milky. Not due for MOT until late December and still fully taxed and insured (currently). Boot grommets already replaced with MJ's upgraded 3D-printed parts.

I'm open to offers - will move it on in just under ten days as I'm flying to Southern Europe for a month. Will add further photos in due course. Cheers.

Johnny G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabine_Ranch_NURBURGRING.png
Views:	153
Size:	634.4 KB
ID:	28915   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 00.37.54.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	28916   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201229_155803264.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	28917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201229_155306568.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	28918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-11-09 18-03-51.png
Views:	121
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	28961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-11-09 18-03-05.png
Views:	119
Size:	951.8 KB
ID:	28962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220225-153828.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	28963  

Last edited by johnny_quattro; 9th November 2022 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added some more pics and details
Old 11th November 2022, 05:44 PM

Wheels tyres and centre caps going for what I paid for just the wheels, namely £600
If no activity by the end of the week, the wheels/tyres will be removed and the old girl will be recycled in an environmentally-kind fashion.
Old 11th November 2022, 07:07 PM

Such a shame to see you leave the D2 fold mate.

You’re the closest forum member to me and see your 8 regularly.

Hope she goes to a good home

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White

Old 11th November 2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
Wheels tyres and centre caps going for what I paid for just the wheels, namely £600.
If you're selling the wheels separately from the car I'll have them.
Ideally I was after a diamond cut wheel (or two) but there don't seem to be any left so this is my next option. Have any been repaired/welded or just repainted? Four or five?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th November 2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
the old girl will be recycled in an environmentally-kind fashion.
I trust that means heading to Prestige rather than just scrapped?

No interest elsewhere? Have you posted it in any of the FB groups?
Old 12th November 2022, 07:56 AM

@MJ - No interest from Prestige as I've already emailed them twice with no response. I'm going to sound like a proper dinosaur here but I don't do Facebook.

@HP - Wheels were refurbed about 3 years ago but one of them has a mild scrape about 3 inches long and one has bubbled a bit. I also have 3 spare centre caps which although new have glazed a bit. There are 4 wheels of FE design. Marshal front/Falken rear. There is another wheel in the boot but even though I simply cannot remember size/design, I know it's definitely NOT an FE 10-spoke jobby like the others. Might be a quattro sport wheel 18"? It's been a while since I've seen the spare wheel as it's weighed down by that tiny speaker box thing in my boot

@Richy - thank for the sentiments

Sorry for all the ani-gifs

P.S. I have a pair of the legendary-status front grille 2-part covers - I took these off when my front bumper was damaged after hooking the front of my 'low-rider' on a garden-area kerb at my local M&S.
Old 12th November 2022, 08:06 AM

I'm mildly disappointed that no-one has commended me on what I think is the perfect wiper stance in the 5th picture along. Spent ages getting that sorted after replacing the linkage due to wear and tear - cheers to MJ for invaluable advice at the time. No triangle of doom. One of my proudest moments in car maintenance.
Old 12th November 2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I can't open the bonnet as the cable has snapped and there's a definite coolant leak...

I'm open to offers - will move it on in just under ten days as I'm flying to Southern Europe for a month. Will add further photos in due course. Cheers.

Johnny G
Quote:
I'm going to sound like a proper dinosaur here but I don't do Facebook.
It seems a shame that the car ends up being 'scrapped'. If you're only heading to Europe for a month, would it not be worthwhile waiting to you get back, and then at least try and get the bonnet issue sorted out, which might also give the opportunity of sorting out the coolant leak. I'm sure you would get a lot more for the car just by being able to open the bonnet.

As for not being on FB, there are other places to advertise on, whether it be Gumtree, DoneDeal, Autotrader, Pistonheads or others. There is even Carwow where you provide them with details of the car and the information is sent to over 3,000 dealers, and you might be offered more than the scrap value.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 12th November 2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
@HP - Wheels were refurbed about 3 years ago but one of them has a mild scrape about 3 inches long and one has bubbled a bit. I also have 3 spare centre caps which although new have glazed a bit. There are 4 wheels of FE design. Marshal front/Falken rear. There is another wheel in the boot
Thanks, I assumed four but you never know.....
Tyres I'm actually not interested in, but I'll take them if that's easier. Definitely don't want a non-20 spare.
Just let me know what you decide in the end, I'll happily take the four 20s if you don't sell them with the car as a "runner".
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th November 2022, 10:32 AM

Its not being scrapped...