A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 13th January 2022, 04:02 PM

Default HELP! How to activate cornering lights on fog? Audi S8 D3

Hi everyone.

I am new and sorry for my English.

I have an Audi S8 V10 D3 from the year 2008.

I bought it from import in Germany, I reside in Spain. Since the car, it has always made me the cornering and parking light in the fog lights. I had a problem with the right adaptive light, and in the end I found a very good offer for an almost new right headlight, same model and reference and we changed it. The headlight works perfectly and the error disappeared, but I found another problem, and that is that the cornering light of the left headlight that had not been touched, began to make a yellowish halogen light that is included in the headlight itself. I took it to the workshop, and I programmed it so that both headlights did it with that horrible light, but now it is impossible for it to continue doing it as at the beginning, with the fog lights. I have tried everything with the Vag com, but it is impossible. I took it to an Audi dealer, and after charging me € 120 they told me that it is impossible to do it and that the cornering lights have to be made by those horrible bulbs included in the headlights. But if it has always been done to me in the fog lamps without losing any option in them? they activated themselves in slow speed turns, in parking lots and also if I requested them only as a fog light ... I don't understand anything and I don't like how it is now. Can someone help me and tell me how to activate this function again?

Everything I have seen for the other Audis, is not valid for this S8 ..

Thanks.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:09 PM

Welcome, and your English is excellent
I have only seen the D3 S8 cornering lights work from the headlamp units. For me they were always excellent, brightly illuminating everything on the side I was turning into.
My experience with cornering fag lights, fitted on other cars, is that they are a cheap solution that does not work as well as the 'in headlight' system on the D3's.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:48 AM

With the AFS II lights fitted to that model, a combination of the headlight swivelling and the extra cornering light negates the need to use the fog light as a cornering light. Page 68 of the following PDF seems to confirm that:

48-SSP 282 Audi A8 03 - Technical Features.pdf

What you could do is replace the halogen cornering light bulb with an equivalent LED bulb, as mentioned in the following thread:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10319

If you're planning on staying around, pop along to the Introductions section and introduce yourself. We also like to see photos of members cars. Welcome.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds