A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 15th June 2014, 09:23 AM

Default 'Lord' Aleem's Cars Get Torched

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...us-rivals.html

A rich teenage git who calls himself "Lord" on the internet? I can see why some might envy him, but TWO attacks in short order suggests more than just envy. What next? A horse's head in the bed?

Somebody obviously doesn't like him though. The cars all belong to his father's prestige car hire business and I'm sure they are very 'well' insured. His dad does keep a low profile though by driving....a mk4 Astra!

Maybe the luxury car and hire market is a bit flat at the moment It's just how it's described in the news articles comes across a little more sinister and deliberate than an envious person who did it. On the other hand, 'convenient' fires are not unknown for asset-rich businesses that are not going too well.

I wonder if this is just a coincidence:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...g-scam-6949219

Could this all be a front for money laundering? Like an ice cream van or taxi business but more high profile.

There were rumours a couple of years ago that his dad was given a 2 year sentence in 1998 for perverting the course of justice in a murder trial, maybe he had a few enemies from back then?:
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Car+de...se.-a060775648

Whatever the real story, having your cars torched isn't fun for anyone and hopefully the full picture will become clear soon.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 15th June 2014, 11:39 AM

Read the Daily Mail article you linked to, and it sounds odd. Prior to reading it, I thought the cars had been torched whilst on their premises, but it turns out they had been in two different locations. There is also a comment about the arsonists 'choosing' the Lambo instead of some other expensive cars. Maybe somebody does have a real grudge against him, and went to the bother of tracking the cars he owns and where they have been driven to, so they knew where they would be parked up. Again, sounds fishy, but then don't know all the facts, just what the Daily Mail wrote. Either way, a real shame.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds