A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 20th November 2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner2004 View Post
so I'm guessing I either need a new cable or it needs adjusting properly does anyone have any info on how to do this as I don't want to shut it now
When I came across that article I linked to above, I saw a few comments suggesting that the cause was due to the cable stretching (seems odd that it would suffer from this, as not exactly a heavily used item). Unfortunately no one had ever come across a solution.

I looked it up and the part number is 4D0857131J. I found someone selling new ones, although they're based in the US. They're selling them for $12 each but shipping is $102. If you know someone in the US you could get it shipped to them and have them post it and it would probably work out cheaper. I ordered five bolts ($28) that cost me $33 in shipping.

Anyway, they have more than 10 available and the link is as follows:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203561768338

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th November 2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
When I came across that article I linked to above, I saw a few comments suggesting that the cause was due to the cable stretching (seems odd that it would suffer from this, as not exactly a heavily used item). Unfortunately no one had ever come across a solution.

I looked it up and the part number is 4D0857131J. I found someone selling new ones, although they're based in the US. They're selling them for $12 each but shipping is $102. If you know someone in the US you could get it shipped to them and have them post it and it would probably work out cheaper. I ordered five bolts ($28) that cost me $33 in shipping.

Anyway, they have more than 10 available and the link is as follows:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203561768338
Wow, yes that's some shipping cost for a cable that weighs less than a piece of toast lol. may have to get one in the future in the mean time I may take the cable out and see if I cant engineer something in the workshop to get it working if so ill post up some tips
Old 8th December 2022, 09:05 PM

There was me hoping this was going to be a solution to my pf glovebox that won’t close lol…….

I’ve a spare glovebox as bought replacement but ended up getting wrong colour sent, got a correct colour replacement sent foc with no return of the other