A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st July 2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Yup, hybrid system is the most stupid idea ever. Lets combine two completely different drive systems into a extra complex, extra heavy and volume consuming combined system.
If it was all electric it would get the boot space back as the batteries would be under the floor (no drive shaft) or possibly foor + bonnet.
Mercedes made it work with the electric SLS, I bet Audi could do a fantastic job. But no one wants to put an electric drive in a standard car, except that company beginning with T. The irony is, the Germans have some of the best, if not the best electric motor and controller technology, their electric locomotives are the best in the world maybe tied with Switzerland. It even filters down to electric motors for models, they are the most coveted in the rc plane world, and are expensive. Their electronic speed controllers are the best, beat the pants off any American ESC.
Apologies for sidetracking.
I had a honda one for a while ... For motorway driving my 3.0 TDI A8 D4 gets better milage, its a fact.

The whole idea is pants and it doesn't deliver any more economy than stop/start + common rail diesel.

As for the looks of the new A8, yes it looks like an A4. I'm happy with that, least attention is best.