View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
That does fit well Oli - couldnt you get them to put 4 x "wheel windows" in the sides to show off the refurbed wheels?
Haha - half the reason i want them covered too is because i'm a little more cautious of envious eyes now that they're refurbed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Impressive cover Oli.

One question: Because it's 'breathable' does it mean the car will get wet during rainy weather?
Yes, so just to be clear, this is not a fully waterproof cover. I purposefully went for a breathable cover to ensure that any moisture could still evaporate through the material.

The heavy-duty waterproof covers do need to be put on a completely dry car and are more used for long-term storage/protection when your car is parked outside. I believe it suits those that are taking their cars off the road for extended periods better than those still requiring regular use of their vehicle.

The lightweight cover fitted my driving habits better as i still use the car on the weekends and i can't guarantee that the car will always be dry when i put the cover back on.

The dream is to one day have a garage big enough for the 8 and the Alfa Spider to fit in and have both wrapped with tailored red indoor covers when parked

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group

Last edited by Oli18; 2nd December 2012 at 09:17 AM.