Thread: V Power
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
OK. it may be available but can some one provide EVIDENCE of why its better and not just some marketing monkey's bullsh!t and why its worth spending extra on it. How about some science and some test data? (No you cant find anything on Shell's websites).
For brands to make claims is notoriously hard in this space and it's not just a case of putting a few engines to the test and communicating the benefits...it's very very stringent and so care has to be taken.

That said, if you want evidence other than some of the experiences from other motorists (i.e. Ian, Sloss and Adrian's earlier comments), you'll probably like Fifth Gear's Performance Fuel tests

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0K5UlmrmZc

Shell Vpower 240.9 bhp
Esso supreme 240.5 bhp
BP Ultimate 236.7 bhp
BP Unleaded 236.1 bhp
ASDA Unleaded 235.8 bhp

It's worthwhile noting that while the above is purely focused on power, the other job of VPower is to actively help keep your engine clean and protect vital engine parts. This is the primary reason i use VPower personally with the occasional desire to get the most out of a 'spirited' drive when I get a stretch of open road.

People often ask, can you actually feel the difference? Personally, I can and that's because I know my car and look out for it...it helps having owned D2s continuously for the last 6 years with 4 of them just with my current 8 so I know my car. Quality fuels and lubricants matter to me because my car is a high-performance vehicle and I happily pay for quality. You probably know more than most how much you can spend 'enhancing' our 8s...I have spent a small fortune upgrading my 8 (just look at the links in my signature) to make it look and feel special and paying an extra couple of quid for fuel is something I happily do. It's not everyone's mindset (in which case supermarket fuel may be more your thing) but VPower Nitro+ isn't there to meet everyone's needs...it's there for those that wants something a cut above the rest and something a bit more special

Oli

PS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Got me some free samples then Oli?
- I don't even get free sampling!

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group

Last edited by Oli18; 20th April 2013 at 06:59 AM.