A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 25th February 2010, 08:53 AM

Ok - In Ian and James we shall trust...but if i my indicators end up flashing the colour of s h i t (in theory green and red should create brown), I'm expecting humble pie!

I managed to put on the other side last night so it's all done now - I ended up having to take out the cd/changer and tuner as well as the rear entertainment kit on both sides of the boot to get to them....what fun!

Oli

Before

After

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:16 PM

I really wanted rear tail lights like Olis so I went about registering on US A8/S8 forums and have managed to do a deal with two different members to swap my A8 and S8s rear tail lamps. I have been offered a third set to buy outright, not a swap so if anyone is interested let me know and I will put you in touch with the right person so you can do this.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:25 PM

have any of you seen the rear lights that our german friends are going to order for there d2's. the final type has not been ordered yet but have decided to go for the led design. a german company has said they will make the rear lights however they want. i think it will be interesting to see the final design
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ra15lrb.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	804  
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:19 PM

Yeah, I had an e-mail about that but couldn't understand or work out a word of it, pretty embarassing really seing as I studied German for four years.. or just used it as a mess about lesson.
Looking forward to seeing what they look like.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 3rd March 2010, 06:02 PM

the email was just asking people if they would be interested in new led rear lights. if enough people are and a design can be agreed then they will go into production. eveybody just has to agree on what they like. no idea of price yet until its sorted
Old 7th March 2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 View Post
have any of you seen the rear lights that our german friends are going to order for there d2's. the final type has not been ordered yet but have decided to go for the led design. a german company has said they will make the rear lights however they want. i think it will be interesting to see the final design
Any idea if this is for just the indicator clusters or also the bootlid clusters? I think it could look strange if it's just 1 of the 2...

Interested to see what they come up with though

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Old 7th March 2010, 07:19 PM

oli have a look on there forum they have some very interesting topics including rear lights. if you express your interst they they will keep you informed. there are a few of us registered from here and they also have an english speaking section
http://www.a8-freunde.com/
Old 9th March 2010, 02:34 PM

Hope these light are worth it! I haven't started my car in agesss. I have offered to pay the dude sending my lights an extra £50/60 so he will send them using the two day option now, just waiting for my lights to turn up
Old 10th March 2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Hope these light are worth it! I haven't started my car in agesss. I have offered to pay the dude sending my lights an extra £50/60 so he will send them using the two day option now, just waiting for my lights to turn up
Make sure you ask him/her if they can put the value down to $10 so you don't (a) get stung by customs and (b) the parcel isn't held back by HMRC - it happened with me and i never got a card to say 'we have your parcel - please pay' and it got lost.

Good luck.

Oli

Old 10th March 2010, 04:34 PM

OOO NOO! I think he's on his way to post them already, mine arrived today. I have sent him a quick mail to let him know. I put mine down as a gift when I sent them so that's probably what stopped customs getting involved. Hope that doesn't happen to me. I'm paying £££s for them to be send back to me using the two day option..

P.S What bulbs did you use in the end Oli?