A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 26th February 2010, 08:15 PM

Default Wife passed her driving test yesterday!!

Well chuffed for her - but hello extra costs

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 26th February 2010, 08:28 PM

Congratulations mate! Cheaper insurance for the 8 if you insure her too?! ... it worked when i insured my gf

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 26th February 2010, 08:37 PM

Nice one, congrats!

quite a jump that though......1 litre learner special to umpteen litre land tank! I've driven all kinds of cars and vans and even i think the 8 is massive, i'd have possibly had an embarrassing accident if that had been my 1st motor
Old 26th February 2010, 09:04 PM

Thanks guys

just before her test, I borrowed the works pool car (estate) and half way through the journey, she asked if she could have a go - I said OK, but once we get back to work as we have a big carpark (weekend, will be empty).

Gets back and she drove really well.
Said she can have a quick go in the A8 - she gets in and is not daunted by the size at all - but she has buggered the hand brake already......

Pulled it so hard, that it now does nothing, but drove the car very well, including reversing etc.

Well made up for her.

Talking about insurance - still got my old Focus on the drive - been sorn'd since getting the A8 - got a quote for me with her as a named driver and home start etc - £375 - didn't think it was too bad

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 27th February 2010, 07:26 AM

Well done her...

Designated driver for you now All you have to worry about is that the kids won't be too long behind her!

I know.. I know..