A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 6th January 2011, 12:02 PM

Still not 100% sold on the back end, but I just love that interior..

I know.. I know..

Old 6th January 2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
Looks like I'm the odd one out when I say that in the side by side photos it looks like a whale next to a Mako Shark......

I've seen bulldozers with smaller front ends...........IMHO
I quite like it but it does look high next to James's 8 but then most things do i reckon.

Got to be lovin the inside though eh?

Heres a pic of my Cat D5B dozer (take no notice of the poser in front of it) so you can compare
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dozer.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1561  
Old 6th January 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Heres a pic of my Cat D5B dozer (take no notice of the poser in front of it) so you can compare
Im still trying to work out why you would wear a tie to drive that, is it a chauffeur driven bulldozer or where you going to the Bulldozer Owners Club Dinner Dance?

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 6th January 2011, 03:09 PM

Its take a few days of looking at the pictures.......... but I think I actually like the D4 now. Even the rear! Its grown on me
(not that I can afford one for many, many years! >_< )
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 6th January 2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Im still trying to work out why you would wear a tie to drive that, is it a chauffeur driven bulldozer or where you going to the Bulldozer Owners Club Dinner Dance?

What that old thing, it was the first thing I picked up that morning.

On a serious note i can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Last edited by Dezzy; 6th January 2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 7th January 2011, 05:26 AM

Wow, the size difference is really quite somethings isn't it?

I don't now about others but it really proves to me how well designed the D2 is. I still struggle to 'fall' for the D4's looks in the same way that i did when the D2 came out.

That said, it's taken a few years for the D3 to grow on me but it has...

What was the reason you got to drive it Neil? (nice pics in the link by the way).

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 7th January 2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Heres a link to a bucket load of pics I took on both phone and camera - lots more interior shots here too! apologies an advance for the quality of some
D4 Pics

Enjoy!!
Hey there, some great pics. Fab car.

2000 A8 4.2 Quattro – Green, S8 18’s, Xenons, PhatBox, and loads of other toys.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli18 View Post
What was the reason you got to drive it Neil? (nice pics in the link by the way).

Oli
My A4 went in for a major service and -
1) I had asked if I could try it sometime
2) They know I'm due to change it this year (probably for something bigger) and
3) Im liking the A7 Sportback a lot and they are trying to tempt me with one of their 2 demonstrators when they want rid of it in a few months!

Im trying the sportback next week but wont be able to "borrow" it for a weekend or for a few days until a month or so when the A7 is further away from last week's launch. The inside of the front is very similar to the D4 but I'm liking the Coupé looks and also the hatchback would be handy for me for work, as would Quattro, so I'm looking at a 3 litre tdi quattro with s-tronic (245ps and only 158 g/km of C02 whiich isnt bad at all. The A6 Allroad 3 litre tdi that I had for a week recently averaged an amazing 44 mpg based on my week's motoring and I wasnt hanging around lol

My A4 may have to go back in for some warranty work for a week soooo. . . hmmm hehehe maybe another report to follow soon!!

20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 7th January 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 9th January 2011, 02:01 PM

I popped into my local dealer yesterday. I really, really like the D4!
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 9th January 2011, 04:31 PM

I Drove my D2 today and whilst I know it's got a new tiptronic gearbox it did drive smoothly quietly and just felt "sportier" in terms of driving position and didn't have as much road noise or gearbox engine noise in the car, or didn't seem to! It didn't go as fast of course and I'm sure the fuel consumption is less and I KNOW the toys are less but it didn't feel terrible after the D4 - I guess I'm saying they both have plusses and minuses but both are enjoyable
Ok, now where's that A7 to try next . . . Lol