A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 27th November 2013, 10:07 PM

Isn't this a D2 section thread, not D3? Maybe best to start a thread there

Anyway, I just want to report that 3 weeks later I'm still getting a consistent clock signal with the receiver in that same location below the left side of the instruments.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 27th November 2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 28th November 2013, 06:28 AM

Nice. We finally have confirmed easy to access spot.
Old 28th November 2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomguy View Post
I am not sure that it is the same, i recently have had the cluster out and there isn't a connection for the clock there. According to etka, the module is fitted behind the rear bumper, so its possible that some extra loom may be required.

Hi Somerandomguy,

Could you post the images by any chance that show what you were talking about?

Cheers,

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 29th November 2013, 06:41 AM

Default ELSA pages

These are the two extracts from Elsa showing the location of the receiver and the pinouts on the cluster.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf clock rx.pdf (22.9 KB, 446 views)
File Type: pdf clock pinouts.pdf (16.7 KB, 424 views)

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 20th December 2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
3 weeks later I'm still getting a consistent clock signal with the receiver in that same location below the left side of the instruments.
And another 3+ weeks later it's still working. I have noticed just one occasion where it lost the signal in all this time, so it's not perfect, but it's very easy.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 20th December 2013, 10:33 PM

Rock solid in OEM location. No single loss of signal occurrence.
Old 21st December 2013, 12:23 PM

Yeah, mine's been perfect in OEM location, despite the car virtually always being garaged when it's looking to update. Since fitting I think it's only spent 1 night outdoors and that was when we were visiting family!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 30th August 2014, 10:11 AM

Default MMM, looks interesting...

I wanted to fit this to mine (mines a A8 3.7 97 pre FL) I have the connector to plug the clock in.... however when in log in to 17, I don't have a channel 19????? just says not available.... was this on a different channel pre FL...

Thanks in advance for any help :-)
Old 30th August 2014, 10:41 AM

Maybe it "just works" PF? Try it and see. Just take the drivers knee panel off, plug it in and stick it up on top of the dash and wait.

I can confirm that in now almost a year of leaving mine located in the "easy access" position behind the dash trim (just below the instruments "check" button) it's working fine.
I think in all that time there may have been two occasions where the signal was lost briefly.
Old 30th August 2014, 11:40 AM

Default Tried

Have tried just simply plugging it in, but nothing....

I guess there must be a coding option still somewhere... just odd that i don't have channel 19 available....

My owners manual does ref to the option.... and have seen references on the net to being available on d2's pre FL

I will have anther dig though Elsawin, but think I have a very bad incomplete copy and even when I look at a lot of stuff and put the date for 97 or even earlier it often bring up things saying 99> mmmm

If I find a solution and it differ because of Pre FL then I will be happy to share

Thanks

Daz