A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 25th November 2009, 05:43 PM
badger7777

Default Ipod bluetooth connection

I've got a Bury CC9060 handsfree kit which was with the car when i bought it; i've been trying to connect my ipod touch to it through bluetooth but can't suss it out.
The ipod say's it's connected to the handsfree and when i play music there's an additional bluetooth symbol appearing in the bottom of the ipod scrreen, but the handsfree says not connected.
So, is it actually possible to connect an ipod touch via the handsfree kit?
Old 25th November 2009, 06:06 PM

Hi mate - my personal experience with anything bluetooth related to the iphone is that apple products don't like connecting to anything that isn't made by Apple.

Have you tried it with another phone by any chance that has music and BT?

I hope you get it sorted.

-Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 25th November 2009, 06:12 PM
badger7777

I've not tried it with music off the phone, probably because i've no music loaded on it. Maybe next step will be to load some music on my nokia phone and see if it's an apple compatability issue like you suggest.
Old 25th November 2009, 06:25 PM

I think Oli's right.

Unless you jailbreak it and install some additional software it's unlikely to work.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Apple have only installed a partial or reduced bluetooth stack? (whatever that means) to stop it working as a normal bluetooth device.
Old 25th November 2009, 07:27 PM
entwisi

Iphone BT stack is properly broken so they can fix it in v4 and charge you $$$$$ for teh privilage

use your Nokia, they work fine for streaming.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:19 PM
badger7777

The frustrating bit is that the v3 software which enabled the bluetooth function in the ipod (2G) is reported to support A2DP (whatever that means) - yet the bury kit still keeps displaying the message "no A2DP device connected".

Tried the Nokia this evening, managed to get music on the microSD card; phone connects to the handsfree, play music on the phone (volume now muted because it's transmitting via bluetooth) but the music app on the bury won't load, hence no music...

At least the CD multi-changer still works
Old 26th November 2009, 09:12 AM
entwisi

for all intents, A2DP is stereo bluetooth, previously Bluetooth only supported a mono audio channel.

What model of Nokia do you have?
Old 26th November 2009, 10:08 AM
badger7777

Had a play around with the phone connection this morning, phone now connects to the handsfree, media player on the phone now being controlled via the music app on the handsfree but no music...looks like the audio connection isn't wired into the head unit.
Got the nav plus system fitted so just got to suss out how to wire the audio into it.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:53 PM

You can get an A2DP plug in transmitter that fits into the bottom of an iPhone or iPod which sends as A2DP signal then - I have one at home which i use to send music to my portable bluetooth speaker.
They are all about £14 or £15ish
A2DP adaptor
HTH

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 26th November 2009, 02:45 PM
badger7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
You can get an A2DP plug in transmitter that fits into the bottom of an iPhone or iPod which sends as A2DP signal then - I have one at home which i use to send music to my portable bluetooth speaker.
They are all about £14 or £15ish
A2DP adaptor
HTH
Thought one of those might be the answer; but it looks like the handsfree isn't fully wired in so i might just use one of the FM modulator adapters rather than stripping all the dash apart to suss out the wiring. I've had the side trims off the gearbox tunnel today and there's remnants of at least another 2 phone kits in there as well