A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 17th February 2010, 12:39 AM

Default Rear View Cam

This was quite an easy mod. I had to text James (Mkoneman) a few times for some help but generally pretty easy.

First you have to take the TV tuner and CD changer out so you can get to the Bose amp, this will be your 12V power source. Then connect the camera using the AV cables into the back of the TV tuner. The next part is to remove the boot lock and pop the camera in. You will need to cut a piece of plastic to size to secure the camera in as it is a little smaller then the boot lock.

The only downside is people trying to push it in when opening the boot

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 17th February 2010, 12:34 PM

How do you change the input from iphone to the rear camera? Have you got one AV input in the tuner like myself or have you got 2?

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 17th February 2010, 01:37 PM

My I Phone comes on AV1 and the camera AV2. Another thing Oli and it isn't strictly relevant to this thread. But did you know if you get a USB charger to plug into the cigarette lighter and then connect the USB that comes with the Apple composite cables into that it charges the I phone whilst also playing films and music. Only worked it out a few days ago.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 17th February 2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
My I Phone comes on AV1 and the camera AV2. Another thing Oli and it isn't strictly relevant to this thread. But did you know if you get a USB charger to plug into the cigarette lighter and then connect the USB that comes with the Apple composite cables into that it charges the I phone whilst also playing films and music. Only worked it out a few days ago.
haha - yes i did...:-)...i bet your battery didn't last long on roadtrips then?

Damn, i wish i had a 2nd av input...i only have 1 which i use for the rear entertainment kit. The rear ent kit does have a few but they're all used (1x for dvd changer, 1x for iphone, 1x playstation). I put the nav plus on AV and then flick between inputs on the rear ent kit to get iphone/dvd/playstation.

If anyone has a solution to this, let me know

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 17th February 2010, 05:10 PM

Yeah inverter into the cig lighter, 4 gang extension into that a normal tv and playstation. Problem solved.
Old 17th February 2010, 08:37 PM

Any info on what camera to go for and best place to buy,ebay per chance?
Old 17th February 2010, 08:47 PM

Yeah, its eBay. I paid £1 for the camera and then £9 for delivery. I am pretty sure I ordered a PAL one, but I need to change the regional settings to Brazil for it to work clearly and then back to UK for the TV which is a pain.

Last edited by Singh; 17th February 2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Error in price
Old 18th February 2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
I need to change the regional settings to Brazil for it to work clearly and then back to UK for the TV which is a pain.
or move to Brazil?