A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 20th April 2009, 06:51 PM
Merlot

Default HVAC Clicking !!!

Hello Everyone,
Well i said i was going to get one of these Eights and i have gone and done it
She's a facelift 2000 W - A8 in Silver (I will find out the name later) and she's a beauty.
I have a few teething troubles to sort out, but that all serves as a little price to pay for such a cracking car
I was just wondering if someone could point me in the "Right Direction" for details on this repair for the clicking from behind the dash ( Yes its the HVAC flaps) - I have searched this and several other forums along with Google and have not found this elusive Fix - Please can someone on here enlighten me as to it's whereabouts for me and everybody else who needs it.

Thank You (One very Happy A8 Owner)
Old 20th April 2009, 08:04 PM

Congrats Merlot and welcome to the forum.

You and i have a thing in common...both our 8s are silver and from 2000.

What engine size have you got?

Also, we're all going to the annual A8/S8 meet on June 7th - see here - there will be over 40 of us there if you fancy joining?

We're a sucker for pics...got any?

-Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 20th April 2009, 09:11 PM

All I can see is http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-...ebox-area.html

Do you have access to Vag-Com?

Ian might have some more ideas to test when he comes along.
Old 27th April 2009, 08:35 PM

Hi there, thanks for the link they seem to be suggesting the foot well heater potentiometer. I do recall Ian mentioning this before when I queried this.

Also i think Ian mentioned it was a relatively inexpensive fix (£20 ish). So Ian if you're out there can you please put us out of our misery. At this point in time I’d gladly spend a good bit more than that to sort it out .
Cheers,

Builder22