A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 2nd March 2011, 09:57 PM

Default Cd head unit & rear blind

I've now had my 95 a8 now for 3 months, and just recently the reAr blind has started sounding like a machine gun when it lowers and settles into it's down position,It makes the noise for about 10 seconds after it's settled,the blind moves freely so don't think it's anything above the parcel shelf, also does Anyone know which, if any audi cd head unit I can fit inplace of the tape player head unit which is in at the moment. I know i could fit an after Market unit but want to keep the car original as much as possible at the moment
Many thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by ro66ie; 2nd March 2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Add some detail
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:36 PM

My first one did this and according to Ian there's a little switch/sensor buried underneath everything that requires removal of lots of stuff to get to. So much that I recall my reaction being along the lines of "Sod it".

Head unit? Replacement from A8 parts. They can supply all the bits to retrofit all sorts of toys depending on your budget. see oli18s car or the one Singh is flogging to see what you could fit with Ian's guidance. Tasty

Bill

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billblank View Post
Head unit? Replacement from A8 parts. They can supply all the bits to retrofit all sorts of toys depending on your budget. see oli18s car or the one Singh is flogging to see what you could fit with Ian's guidance. Tasty

Bill
So true...Ian and Dave tranformed my last 8...see here.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group

Tags
rear blind head unit