A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 27th April 2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
hi... could you give us a hint on where did you source the lights from ? Thanks
Hi - I bought them from TPS but haggled with them. I think I paid about £680.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 28th April 2015, 08:43 AM

cheers Oli... as i'm not a business/trader and won't be able to leverage TPS is there anything group wide we could do to source parts directly from them instead of main dealers? and is it worth the hassle [e.g. what % discounts do they offer compared to dealer prices]?
Old 28th April 2015, 08:50 AM

I bought mine direct from Audi dealer, told him they could be bought elsewhere for for 650 and he went away and spoke with someone and came back an price matched just under with the vat.

Dont ask you dont get, go and be cheeky you never know.

Old 30th April 2015, 11:10 AM

Default Whats this all about Oli?

Is that you wet sanding the car or is it polishing compound?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14576578226_0398938e57_z.jpg
Views:	1927
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	10646  

Old 16th May 2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Is that you wet sanding the car or is it polishing compound?

Hi Delboy,

This was the body shop prepping the wings and removing the bumper to be repainted

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Old 9th August 2015, 07:18 PM

Hi,

So it's been a while since i've updated on my 8 but a few weeks back i came back from a 2 week holiday abroad to find my car had been vandalised.

Almost all panels apart from the front bumper and roof have been keyed. It was parked under a security camera from the police but unfortunately it wasn't on

I was pretty upset but have had to put a claim in on the insurance. The damage is in excess of £4k.

I've got a full custom outdoor cover with lock which I will be putting on from now on and I've also got CCTV being installed this week which i hope will deter any people from doing it again.

I hope to get it back this coming week and be back to happy motoring with some more upbeat updates on this thread

Oli

Old 9th August 2015, 07:35 PM

God that **** makes my blood boil, I would gladly break every finger in the *******s hands that did that to your car.

I will never understand the mentality of the people that do these things.

I hope you are not too troubled by it and you get her back soon.

Old 9th August 2015, 09:16 PM

+1
There are some stupid barstewards about.
Bring back deportation

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 9th August 2015, 09:22 PM

That's terrible, fekkin ****es , you had just got it all good , got to ask this ... have you upset someone or have agro with some neighbour or do you think it's a random attack
Old 10th August 2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
That's terrible, fekkin ****es , you had just got it all good , got to ask this ... have you upset someone or have agro with some neighbour or do you think it's a random attack
I think i must have but honestly can't think who. I do spend time cleaning it regularly and it is pretty much always immaculate so not sure if someone may have taken offense to it or felt the world was unfair and that needed to be changed.

I'm over the 'gutted' and 'anger' stage now. What i do feel is frustration as my claim will have put up the insurance for my postcode and my 15 years no claim took a hit...but i suppose that's what insurance is for?

Thanks for all the sympathy votes - the upside is that fresh paint should mean i get a near perfect car to detail

Oli

Tags
4.2, audi, tdi