A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:16 PM

Smile

Hello All

Lift Mode :- when the car was first recovered from VOSA the front suspension was all the way down , i couldnt get it back up even with VCDS , i would of loved to use lift mode because they caught the rear bumper which pulled the 2 fixings from the bot floor and marked the bottom of the front bumper ,they were useless.

On another note the car is now up and running , looks like it was a fault in the loom to the fuel pumps in the tank.
The garage sent someone out today and they have got the car started and it now starts on the button every time.

It has been for an MOT this afternoon and passed with no advisories!!!

So all I had to do was tax it , this is were the DVLA has scuppered me with there incompetence.
With the car being a Category C it is supplied with no V5 or MOT as the car has to go to a VIC check at VOSA before the DVLA will supply a new V5.I confirmed with the DVLA over the phone when i booked my VIC Check that once it was complete and it had an MOT i could go to the post office with a V62 ,Vic Check Pass certificate and my MOT and Insurance and i could tax the car then the new V5 would come in the post in the next 4 weeks.

This was also confirmed to my Dad in VOSA as they gave him a v62 with the pass certificate and he was told that after 48Hrs go to the post iffice with all the docs and you can tax the car.

So with my documents in hand i went to the post office and was then told you cant tax it at the post office , you need to send a v10,v62 , valid MOT and a cheque for the tax amount by post to the DVLA , the lady in the post office then told me she had many people coming in being told the same thing!!!!!!

So my car is sitting back on the drive with an MOT and insurance and i cant use it now until the DVLA process my forms.

Fuming is an under statement !

Once it had a wash i will post some photos , at least it gives me some time to repair the gears on my MMI .

Thanks again for all your assistance over the last couple of weeks!!!
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif