A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 5th November 2013, 06:37 PM

Default Am I being unreasonable?

I am having one of my wheel bearings replaced under warranty, the dealer has to physically remove and re-fit one of the discs to replace the wheel bearing, so, I ask them to replace both front discs at the same time, however, they want to charge me the labour to remove and re-fit both. How does that make any sense...?

Also, they're saying that the front pads that were fitted by another Audi dealer only a few hundred miles ago need replacing, I'm perplexed. I don't think I've ever had a straightforward experience with an Audi dealer, I had to leave sharpish so didn't have time to argue it with the service manager, they've put me in an A5 2.0T FSI quattro S-tronic, hateful car, but it does look good and I'm looking forward to trying the launch control.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 5th November 2013, 11:37 PM

Default unreasonable????

having a wheel bearing fail under warranty seems really unlucky....and I suppose ur right to ask for brake job for half price.....but I suppose the dealership view is this:::

when changing brake discs they normally recommend both sides to avoid uneven braking....and so probably only charge one round figure for both sides...hence the pri ce they r quoting.

furthermore even though the original pads are relatively new....they would be bedded into the original discs and even though the pads could be reused ....not advised as could lead to poor braking performance....and no dealership would be want to be seen as cutting corners and risking lives.

anyway good luck hope you get work discounted.

01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 6th November 2013, 06:32 AM

I'd not be having any of it, it's their poor quality parts that have failed so why should you pay for it, tell him to claim the cost of re-doing the job from the original dealer.

If he becomes an areshole ring A8 parts and see what they got for the 5 and swap it alll over if they're not going to play ball, 2 different colour front seats the lot, take it back and just say it straight to the sevice manager "you take the p**s out of me and i'll take the p**s back.

Audi dealers are shocking, bunch of crooks and they still stand there with that retarded look on their face's as if they are doing you a favour.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:13 PM

Thanks Dezzy!
The dealers never seem to get point that a few simple acts of generosity (such as meeting someone half-way in their expectation) will go SO far. As it is they now have someone (quite understandably) bitching about what poor service they provide for all the world to see. Being generous with a few hours labour (nohing to them) will gain a positive recommend and maybe get some people over their doorstep. There are surely enough people who pay full rate without quibble that they could afford to make some effort to meet the customers' expectations?
Old 6th November 2013, 12:38 PM

go to a different dealer. why do they deserve your business ?
Old 6th November 2013, 01:10 PM

I don't even think i was being harsh, at the end of the day the dealer should be licking Amars balls and saying "i'm sure i don't know how this has happened sir, it not usual for our parts to fail like this, especially 2 different parts on the same car. It's by no means an advert to poor quality parts and or poor fitting. Don't worry it'll make it easier for the techniction to remove the disk to do the pads anyway"

Make sure you drive that 5 like you stole it, everywhere. Those tyres should be bold. Top tip, poor a bucket of crabs in the car and boot as they'll find there way into some very small spaces and they'll start stinking like whore's drawers in a couple of days.

Old 6th November 2013, 01:28 PM

I laughed at your first response this morning Dezzy, this time I spat tea all over the keyboard....

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 6th November 2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Thanks Dezzy!
The dealers never seem to get point that a few simple acts of generosity (such as meeting someone half-way in their expectation) will go SO far. As it is they now have someone (quite understandably) bitching about what poor service they provide for all the world to see. Being generous with a few hours labour (nohing to them) will gain a positive recommend and maybe get some people over their doorstep. There are surely enough people who pay full rate without quibble that they could afford to make some effort to meet the customers' expectations?
He has paid full price for the work to be carried out already (apart from discs) thats my point it's not like he's wondered in for some work to be done, it had to go back for faulty workmanship / parts to be replaced and while they're in there replace the discs, the extra they have got from the rework is the sale of 2 new discs, not try and recoup some of their losses by ripping of a good customer.

It stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
I laughed at your first response this morning Dezzy, this time I spat tea all over the keyboard....
I'm sorry, it wasn't a very keyboard friendy comment, i'm actually a nice guy.

Old 6th November 2013, 01:58 PM

I also didn't quite spill my tea but did let out a sigh of laughter in a very quiet part of our office!

Brilliant!

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 6th November 2013, 02:01 PM

"..... i'm actually a nice guy"

With anger management issues

No apology required at all, it was hilarious, to me anyway

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra