A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Wheels and Tyres

D2 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 19th April 2010, 12:15 PM

I almost contemplate hiring a tractor to get across their driveway!

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 19th April 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Apologies. I assume it's just cos they can't get it on the lathe. I know they can do the old 19" M3 diamond cut wheels, 'cos I have seen severals sets up there.

Anyway, for anyone who has visited BJV, does anyone else see the irony of positioning their workshop at the hub of just about the worst pot-hole infested part of Britain? The drive upto the unit is like the Alps.

Zip
Yep, won't fit on the lathe and yes the drive up there had me fearing for my undercarriage.
Old 19th April 2010, 07:40 PM

mine are at lepsons since last week, will let you all know how they turn out, they are supposed to be one of the best. dropped them off at gillingham myself, huge warehouses. 3 full time lathe operators.

Last edited by r8dream; 19th April 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 24th April 2010, 01:08 PM

I decided to have my FE 20" alloys done by BJV last year, I just opted not to have them diamond cut. Diamonds cut is fine for a while but I think you are always more likely to need them redone again due to corrosion, diamond cutting is generally quite expensive to due to the work involved.
Old 24th April 2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botang View Post
I decided to have my FE 20" alloys done by BJV last year, I just opted not to have them diamond cut. Diamonds cut is fine for a while but I think you are always more likely to need them redone again due to corrosion, diamond cutting is generally quite expensive to due to the work involved.
Yeah it won't be cheap. But the diamond cut wheels just set off the Avus silver body to perfection. I had thought of a graphite powder coat, but in the end the polished alloy look won over.
Old 25th April 2010, 08:30 AM

I went for the bright silver option and ou can hardly tell the difference to OEM when looking at them, it just doent leave the pretty pattern on the floor anymore
Old 24th May 2010, 07:50 AM

Any news on your wheels?
Old 24th May 2010, 08:57 AM

BJV can diamond cut 19inch max, I visited them a couple of weeks ago, they can refurb the FE20's but not diamondcut them.
Old 24th May 2010, 06:52 PM

my 18" rs6 style came back from lepson's perfect, much better finish than when they were new. backside also perfect not like spit and polish.
and they diamond cut up to 21". i already mounted so no pics of inside.
£60 a wheel inc. tyre mounting and de-mounting.
Old 26th October 2010, 02:07 PM

I've just had my 20's done by the Wheel Repair Centre in Preston, £100 a throw including diamond cutting and they're immaculate.

I'd recommend them happily.