A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 14th June 2010, 04:42 AM

So, are you any closer to finding out what is wrong with your car yet?
Old 14th June 2010, 06:02 PM

Will keep you guys updated as soon as I know, for now though I am hoping to collect my new car sometime this week...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 14th June 2010, 07:44 PM

So it is a positive then?
Old 14th June 2010, 08:13 PM

Well I still don't know what is wrong with the S8, and to be honest, I'm a little afraid of finding out. One things for sure, It's going to be expensive. I don't want to sell it for peanuts, and don't have the heart to break it so I will probably repair it or if its new engine time, then a project will be born, I'm thinking 2.7TT RS 4 engine tuned to 500+BHP and 6 speed manual box. But we will have to wait and see...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 14th June 2010, 08:54 PM

Amar
Don't turn your back on her. She's there, waiting patiently for you to say the word and bring her back to life.
Seriously, could you look her in her Bi-Xenon eye and say... Good Bye... Sob!!

Plus, we need you here in the forum. You're a constant source of new ideas, humour, chat Despite the iffy taste in music
Old 14th June 2010, 09:44 PM

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere
Old 15th June 2010, 07:49 AM

Been snowed under with other work but definitive answer on it's failure and level of damage to follow mate. We'll know later. Had to do a bit of machining to remove #3 spark plug yesterday.
Old 15th June 2010, 08:51 AM

HI Amar,

What a bummer to hear about this. As you say, not fair considering you only just had the box done.

I know what it feels like to have the engine go...as does mike i'm sure. In the case of my old 3.7QS, it hadn't had the box done yet and the risk was too great to get it repaired at £3k+ but your is truly a unique beast and you've spent so much time and effort getting it to spec, it seems almost cruel not to be able to enjoy her for a bit longer.

I hope it works out ok for you and that you're back on the road soon - i've always loved that green and still have never seen another to date so hope it doesn't have to be sent to S8 heaven!

Good luck!

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 17th June 2010, 11:12 AM

Hey Amar,

I see from another post that you've bought a 3 series. Does that mean the problem with the S8 is terminal?

Niall

2000 A8 4.2 Quattro – Green, S8 18’s, Xenons, PhatBox, and loads of other toys.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:25 PM

hi, the S8 needs a whole new engine and there aren't any available second hand, so not wanting to pay 6 odd grand to Audi I brought another car to get me to and fro work. My main focus was economy and it is meant to be able to do 62mpg! So its not really a replacement for the S8, as I am getting that fixed too, I am even exploring the possobility of a 500 BHP OEM Audi biturbo engine!