A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 30th March 2009, 07:55 PM

LOL conan are you related to Frank on Vicar of Dibley that keeps the parish minutes?
I have had the busiest March ever, organised and attended 2 exhibitions at Earls Court and the NEC Been to Norway on business and also had the Norwegians come and visit us (god Norway is boring lol even the major cities are like a sunday morning at their busiest!)
Also been involved in the Olympics & tendering for some work linked to the housing side and spent a day last week being "brought up to date" on it all by the good and the great at the ODC (nice to see its all still on time and on budget despite the lack of assistance from Conan the Librarian. . . ahem).
Saw a nice metallic green S8 D2 with the personal Reg G6 xxx at Olympia in London and wondered if it was anyone on here? I was in my A4 at the time.
My poor 8 has seen little use due to working weekends but has been out to play the last few days (ahh thats better!) and when not decorating (yes dear coming now. . ) I have been organising some new discs and pads and a service and some summer wheels
Also bought a digital box to install in the boot and play with and need to run the cables thro like Oli for my Archos Media Player to under the armrests in the front
now, where did all that time go? geez I think this year is going at double speed!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 30th March 2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 30th March 2009, 09:52 PM

You guys crack me up! ... bunch of girls!

I'll join in with the girly banter!

The 8

Well, I've made good use of my 8 the last few weekends. As some of you may have noticed, i took her for a good 'ole run to West-Midlands Safari Park the other day which was a hoot!

This weekend, i drove up to essex and bought a new front door for the gf and drove it all the way to Swindonia....all i can say is that i never thought that the 4 anchor points in the boot which is meant for the boot net would be so useful.

Work

Work is mega busy. They laid off 3 guys in my team so i'm on my own now which presents itself with certain challenges but it's still good fun.

Bike license

I currently have a 125cc moped that i use to commute into work everyday. It's awesome but i can't take the gf on the back as i only have my CBT.

I took friday off and took my Theory Test in Uxbridge (and passed)...next to a whole bunch of multiple choice questions, they do a hazard perception nowadays which is interesting.

Have taken wed/thu/fri off to do my Direct Access...the test is on friday so wish me luck! Not thinking of buying a bigger bike but just want to be able to poodle around town on the weekends with the gf ... it's ideal in london and means we can explore the place much more easily.

Holidays

Am off to Port Isaac in Cornwall during easter to stay at a friends' house (4 of us will be driving up in the 8...they other 3 will be watching some movies on the way up i'm sure), going camping later in april with the 8 near Salcombe in Devon (any tips welcome!!) and then off to the Dominican late may to get a tan going! These chicken legs need some roastin'!

That's it really...my life in a nutshell!

-Oli

PS - Ian, really sorry to hear about your boy. Best wishes and hope he gets well soon.

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group

Last edited by Oli18; 30th March 2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 31st March 2009, 08:37 AM
harpersimon

Hello all - Simon's roundup -

work - challenging to say the least! Busy enough but bordering on being made redundant, (don't like the work anyway but still could do without that). Going to see a man about a dog this week so fingers crossed I'll have a new challenge in the not too distant.

Home - Wife fell over quite badly recently while locking up the restaurant she manages in the dark and wet - that was fun trying to stop her arm leaking all night last week. She's on the mend though and back to work (crack the whip)

General - WELL happy for my old chums at Brawn - been celebrating that in numerous messy ways so far this week!

The '8 - well she's had a couple of weekends attention - changed the front discs, then pads once I had the right ones (third time lucky from the parts man!). Brakes are nice and smooth now, still got the 'balance' wobble but think I am getting somewhere with that having pumped the tyres up a little harder it appears to have got better. Thinking it IS balancing out after all.

Holiday planned in Mid May for a week in Bude at a relations farm. Nice.

Thats about it. Work , Sleep, work , sleep, weekend, work, sleep, work , sleep, etc etc
Old 31st March 2009, 10:47 AM

Suppose I should add my sob story

Been busy, busy, busy with Public Sector year end and them all wanting to spend the last of their money.

Home's been fun, with working so hard and training 4-5 nights a week for a black belt (passed on Saturday), I've hardly seen anything outside my office & bedroom. '8 got new rear discs and pads, but has developed an annoying squeal from there, so if the weather stays nice today, going to pop the wheel off and see if something's not sitting right.

Off to Newquay at the weekend for the week with a stop off in Bristol on the way down. Meeting up with Figure11 while we're down, then a nice blast back up the roads on the Easter weekend, great!
Old 31st March 2009, 02:29 PM
harpersimon

let have an A8OC fight Club..

oh.. you'd win.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:10 PM

I've been balls out this past few weeks.

Aside from the absolutely manic day job, implementing accounting/business management solutions for my clientele (anyone want Sage support/advice gimme a shout (oh that was a shameless plug!)) I've been busy sorting out A8OC stuff.

I actually didn't expect to be quite so busy with everything A8OC related, but you'd be very surprised.

Girls are keeping my busy at home, and the car is feeling just a little neglected She needs new front pads (RS4 Pagids ) which I've got to buy soon, and then likely I'll fit 'em myself

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 8th April 2009, 08:12 AM
harpersimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8_Tony View Post
I've been balls out this past few weeks.

Aside from the absolutely manic day job, implementing accounting/business management solutions for my clientele (anyone want Sage support/advice gimme a shout (oh that was a shameless plug!)) I've been busy sorting out A8OC stuff.

I actually didn't expect to be quite so busy with everything A8OC related, but you'd be very surprised.

Girls are keeping my busy at home, and the car is feeling just a little neglected She needs new front pads (RS4 Pagids ) which I've got to buy soon, and then likely I'll fit 'em myself
yes - how do you normally link ERP / Multichannel retail systems to Sage (line 50, 100 etc?) ever heard of Microsage?
You are talking my language..
Old 8th April 2009, 09:57 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpersimon View Post
yes - how do you normally link ERP / Multichannel retail systems to Sage (line 50, 100 etc?) ever heard of Microsage?
That all sound geek to me!

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 8th April 2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpersimon View Post
Microsage? Not heard of it unfortunately fella.

As a company we've developed our own interface for the Sage Paypoint solution, as we found that the standard one wasn't flexibile enough for one of our customers. We've a huuuuuuge amount of experience across the board in all things Sage though. Including one of the original Authors of Sky!!!! (Not the satellite TV company )

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 8th April 2009, 05:59 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

OMG Geeks, Geeks everywhere and not a word do I understand!

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.