A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 5th May 2016, 03:34 PM

Default Need help finding plastic clips

My front undertray, the big flat panel that goes rearwards from under the front bumper, is coming adrift. Not sure if that's what it's called though.

I think it's been missing a few retaining clips for a while and catching it over a kerb hasn't helped either.

I can see that some clips are loose or missing from underneath and also where it joins the front lower edge of the wheel arch liners.
There also seems to be a couple of the (same/similar?) clips missing from the wheel arch liners.

I presume these are mushroom-shaped retainers with some sort of central peg that is pushed in after fixing to make it secure.

Does anyone know the Audi or VAG part number, or whether generic trim clips can be used, if so what type and size?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 5th May 2016, 03:46 PM

It shows two pins are used. Not sure if it's both or one type depending on year?

8D0805121 (6X18MM silver) & 4A0805121A

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 5th May 2016, 04:01 PM

Thanks for that, those are the push and turn to lock type which I didn't realise.

One of those is metal to use with speednuts, the other plastic for a different type of clip. Guess I need to go and look closely.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 5th May 2016, 04:01 PM

Etka calls it 'sound deadening', but everyone else uses undertray There are a few different clips n things that hold it on - 1/4 turn steel fasteners for underneath, and plastic ones on the arch liners.

The steel 1/4 turns are 8D0 805 121 'Grip pin'
They are held to the tray by 4A0 805 137 'Rubber washer'
The clips they go in to are 8D0 805 960 'snap nut'

I think there are six these in total, but mine is in bits still so not 100% on that. I know there are two on the little brackets which hang off the front panel, and two at the back of the tray. Most other models also have some at the edges of the front panel but Etka isn't clear on that.

The plastic ones are 4A0 805 121A 'grip pin'
Held in place by 4A0 805 137A 'lock washer'
Clip in to 4A0 805 163 'clip'

Four sets of these, two in each wheel arch.

Old 5th May 2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post

The plastic ones are 4A0 805 121A 'grip pin'
Held in place by 4A0 805 137A 'lock washer'
Clip in to 4A0 805 163 'clip'

Four sets of these, two in each wheel arch.

Ah, thanks a lot, those are the ones I couldn't identify at all, currently using cable ties!.

There's also a fixing missing on the arch liner itself a few inches above that, any idea what that is?
Old 5th May 2016, 04:26 PM

Here are the eBay numbers for the ones I bought.

Plastic ones - 171655323682 - £2.99 for 10 pairs
Metal ones - 221683540588 - £5.19 for 5 pairs

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 5th May 2016, 04:34 PM

Cheers Sean, just the ticket. Ordered both.

Last edited by HPsauce; 5th May 2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 5th May 2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Ah, thanks a lot, those are the ones I couldn't identify at all, currently using cable ties!.

There's also a fixing missing on the arch liner itself a few inches above that, any idea what that is?
Thats a plastic rivet - 4D0807300. 81p each.

Good prices on those ebay listings - the plastic ones are £2 odd for each piece.

Oh, and I just checked - there are only four of the metal ones. Two at the front, two at the back, and then two of each plastic one at each side. The one instance I've found so far of a D2 being simpler than B5 or C5

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 6th May 2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Corrected the part number
Old 5th May 2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Thats a plastic rivet - N101 312 03. 81p each.
Cheers, I've got a selection of similar trim fixings so one of those will probably fit, if not I'll get some from the local VAG dealer parts department next time I pass.
Old 6th May 2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Thats a plastic rivet - N101 312 03. 81p each.
I've a few of these missing, but didn't know what they were called. Just looked on eBay and came across this item number - 351433052422

They have a large selection of fittings, but would I be right in saying that the correct one that Andrew is looking for (and me) would be the 'Push Rivet 8mm (63)'?

10 for £2.99, and since they break when you try to remove them, it's handy having a few spares.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds